Please visit this page to access and download forms, articles, handouts, presentations, weblinks, and any other resources that are made available to you throughout your time in the SURF program.
- Overview of SURF 2015
- Research Design
- Human Subjects & IRB
- Responsible Conduct in Research
- Resume Writing
- Building on Your SURF Experience
- Distinguishing Qualitative Research from Other Forms of Empirical Research
- Research Methods Definitions
- Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee Guidebook
- June 10th: Research Design Questionnaire
- June 17th: Link to CITI Training; CITI Training Instructions
- June 24th: Bring a hard copy of your resume to the session.
- July 8th: Bring 3 drafts (paper copies) of your abstract and research methodology sections for small group peer review.
Posters & Papers
The following materials will provide necessary guidelines and useful tips to help our SURF Students complete their Posters and Final Papers.
- SURF Posters
Thank you to Dr. Pauline Schwartz for the SURF Poster presentation.
- Poster Perfect
An article about how to create a visually appealing poster that will display your research in the most effective way.
- Useful Links
A brief list of resources that can help students to enhance their technical communication skills.
- Final Paper Formatting Template
Specific instructions on how to format all final research papers will be posted.
- 10 Tips for Technical Writing
A short list of things to keep in mind as you write your final paper.
- Suggested Technical Writing Resources
Various resources for technical writing that can help students from any program of study.
Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR)
Pathways to Science
Pathways to Science is a project of the Institute for Broadening Participation (IBP). Pathways to Science supports pathways to the STEM fields: science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. Use the above link to find programs such as undergraduate summer research opportunities, graduate fellowships, postdoctoral positions, as well as resources and materials pertaining to recruitment, retention, and mentoring.