Employment at the University of New Haven
Why Should You Work Here?
It's a great place to learn and grow.
The University is committed to achieving a diverse and pluralistic community that reflects the multiracial and culturally diverse society of the United States. This includes the commitment to being proactive in the continuing effort to diversify the faculty, staff, and the student body at the University. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer a wide variety of positions for faculty and staff.
Located atop a hill overlooking historic downtown New Haven and Long Island Sound, our 82-acre campus is home to a vibrant population of scholars and professionals who enjoy a wonderful and inclusive work environment. Employees also experience an atmosphere of teamwork and collaboration. Employees can participate in a variety of exciting programs and activities that enrich the lives of students, faculty, staff, and the community as a whole.
Our valued employees are also eligible for an extensive and competitive total benefits package, which includes offering employees and their eligible dependents 100% tuition assistance for courses taken at the University.
If you are interested in working for an engaging and inclusive employer, we want to hear from you. Please browse our job opportunities.
What We Offer
- Health insurance coverage with multiple options
- Dental insurance coverage with multiple options
- Vision insurance coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Life insurance
- Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Long-term disability
- Dependent care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 403b defined contribution plan with 9% University match with employee 6% contribution
- 100% tuition assistance for employee and eligible dependents
- Respectful work environment
- Employee assistance program
- Internal career opportunities
- Service award program based on longevity
- Paid vacation based on years of service
- Progressive paid holiday schedule
- Paid sick time
- Flexible work schedules including summer hours
- Telecommuting options for various exempt positions/departments
- 35-hour work week
- Four (4) weeks of paid parental leave
- Paid bereavement leave
- Paid time off between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Friendly and diverse University atmosphere
- Variety of on-campus dining options
- Free parking
- Fitness center
- Division II athletics program
“What We Offer” is based on current University offerings and may vary between groups. Also, the University may modify or eliminate programs, in conjunction with any applicable bargaining unit agreement, as it deems necessary or appropriate.