Medical Records and Health Insurance for International Undergraduate Students

Immunization and Health Examination Report:

According to Connecticut state law, all students born after January 1, 1957 and entering an institution of higher education must show proof of immunization for measles and rubella (German measles). You can not register for classes until the university’s Health Services Office receives proof of your immunization. If you are planning to live in the residence halls, you will not be permitted to move in until you have received the meningitis immunization.

Health Insurance for International Students:

In the U.S. the cost of medical care is very high. To protect against high and unexpected medical expenses which may occur as a result of an accident or illness, the University requires that all international students participate in the University Health Insurance Plan.

If you are accompanied by dependents, you will need to enroll them in a health insurance plan also.

Please note: 
  • In the United States, medical/health care costs are extremely expensive. Medical/Health Insurance is a way to decrease the costs of medical expenses that will occur if an individual becomes sick, injured, or needs prescription medication. Because of the high costs of healthcare in the United States, ALL F-1 & J-1 VISA INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS are required by the University of New Haven to purchase Health Insurance unless you are sponsored by a government that is providing full medical coverage.