Employment at the University of New Haven
Why Should You Work Here?
It's a great place to learn and grow.
The University of New Haven embraces diversity and recognizes our responsibility to foster a diverse, inclusive, and welcoming environment in which all members of the Charger community from all socioeconomic backgrounds and identities can learn, work, live, and serve together. We benefit from the academic, social, and cultural developments that arise from a diverse campus committed to equity, inclusion, belonging, and accountability. We are responsible as a community and individuals to address and remove barriers, achieve success, and sustain a culture of inclusivity, empathy, kindness, and compassion. We encourage, welcome, and embrace participation in an ongoing dialogue, engagement, and education to critically examine and thoughtfully respond to the changing realities of our community. Diversity, equity, inclusion, acceptance, and belonging enrich the Charger community and are instrumental to institutional success and fulfillment of the University mission. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer a wide variety of positions for faculty and staff.
Located atop a hill overlooking historic downtown New Haven and Long Island Sound, our 82-acre campus is home to a vibrant population of scholars and professionals who enjoy a wonderful and inclusive work environment. Employees also experience an atmosphere of teamwork and collaboration. Employees can participate in a variety of exciting programs and activities that enrich the lives of students, faculty, staff, and the community as a whole.
Our valued employees are also eligible for an extensive and competitive total benefits package, which includes offering employees and their eligible dependents 100% tuition assistance for courses taken at the University.
If you are interested in working for an engaging and inclusive employer, we want to hear from you. Please browse our job opportunities.
What We Offer
- Health insurance coverage with multiple options
- Dental insurance coverage with multiple options
- Vision insurance coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Life insurance
- Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Long-term disability
- Dependent care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 403b defined contribution plan with 9% University match with employee 6% contribution
- 100% tuition assistance for employee and eligible dependents
- Respectful work environment
- Employee assistance program
- Internal career opportunities
- Service award program based on longevity
- Paid vacation based on years of service
- Progressive paid holiday schedule
- Paid sick time
- Flexible work schedules including summer hours
- Telecommuting options for various exempt positions/departments
- 35-hour work week
- Four (4) weeks of paid parental leave
- Paid bereavement leave
- Paid time off between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Friendly and diverse University atmosphere
- Variety of on-campus dining options
- Free parking
- Fitness center
- Division II athletics program
"What We Offer" is based on current University offerings and may vary between groups. Also, the University may modify or eliminate programs, in conjunction with any applicable bargaining unit agreement, as it deems necessary or appropriate.
Employee Core Competencies
As part of the Strategic Plan, a University-wide committee identified seven employee Core Competencies that support the University’s mission and its values; measure the successful and effective performance of all employees of the University of New Haven; and guide the evaluation and performance management process and goal-setting activities. Read more.
Need Verification of Employment?
Please email verification of employment requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include an authorization to release employment records form signed by the employee within the last 30 days. We do not verify employment over the phone.