Application Procedure for Part-Time Undergraduate Students

Undergraduate Students

The University of New Haven has a rolling admissions process for part-time undergraduate students (we do not have specific deadlines). Applications are accepted and processed up until the start of the specific academic term. However, we strongly recommend that you submit your application as early as possible to allow sufficient time for processing.

All new students must submit an online admission application. There is no application fee to apply for part-time undergraduate admission.

In order for your application to be processed, please submit official transcripts from all the colleges/universities that you have attended as well as an official copy of your high school transcript. A satisfactory General Equivalency Diploma (GED) is acceptable in place of a high school diploma. If you are a veteran, please submit your official Joint Services Transcripts, CCAF or Air University Transcript.

Transcripts should be sent to the following mailing address:

University of New Haven
Attention: Part-Time Enrollment
Office of Undergraduate Admissions - Anemone and Steven Kaplan Hall
300 Boston Post Road
West Haven, CT 06516

Former University of New Haven Students

Former University of New Haven students who have not attended the University within the past semester must contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions to request reactivation (note: you may be required to resubmit your previous credentials if the University no longer has your records on file). Students who have attended the University previously will still have the same User ID and password for accessing the Banner Student Information System once you have been reactivated. An academic advisor will review your prior coursework to determine which catalog year you may return on and remaining required coursework for graduation.

Non-Degree Students

Students applying to University of New Haven as a Non-Degree/Visiting Student should select "Non-Degree" as their intended major. "Non-Degree/Visiting Students" do not have to submit official transcripts. However, if you intend to register for a course that has a prerequisite you will be required to submit copies of your college academic transcript(s) to verify that you have met any prerequisite requirements for your course(s). Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for Non-Degree/Visiting Students.

Non-Degree student are NOT eligible for financial aid.


High School Students: Due to space limitations in our courses at the University of New Haven, students who are still in high school are not eligible to take a part-time course during the main academic year unless they are in one of our special partnership programs. High school students who are entering their junior or senior year of high school are eligible to take summer session courses. Please contact Brittney Duntz,, (203) 815-8742 for further information.

International Students:  If you are not a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident, you must submit copies of your current Immigration documents to the Undergraduate Admissions Office. International students attending another college or ELS program in the U.S. on an F-1 Student Visa who wish to take courses at the University must also submit a letter from the International Student Services Office at their current school verifying their immigration status. The letter must also give permission for you to enroll at the University and for which specific term.