2023 Commencement Exercises
Commencement is scheduled for Saturday, May 13, 2023, at the Hartford HealthCare Amphitheater in Bridgeport, Conn.
- Morning ceremony (9:30 a.m.): Graduates of the College of Arts and Sciences, Tagliatela College of Engineering, and School of Health Sciences
- Afternoon ceremony (4:30 p.m.): Graduates of the Pompea College of Business and Henry C. Lee College of Criminal Justice and Forensic Sciences
Doors will open 90 minutes before each ceremony. Both Commencement ceremonies, which are each expected to last approximately 2.5 hours, will be streamed live on YouTube. The live stream link will be posted here and on newhaven.edu in the days leading up to the ceremony.
Each graduate will be able to request up to four (4) guest tickets. Graduates do not need tickets.
In early 2023, all eligible graduates will receive information about registering for their ceremony, reserving tickets, and ordering regalia, among other important Commencement-related tasks. Graduates should plan to attend Charge Out on April 17 to pick up regalia. All eligible students who have applied for their degree application will be invited to attend the May 2023 ceremony.
- Important Commencement-related information and details will be posted here, sent to graduates’ University of New Haven email, and shared through a “Commencement 2023” Canvas course all eligible graduates will be added to.
- Students who completed their degrees in Summer 2022 or Fall 2022 who are planning to participate in Commencement in May 2023 should continue to check their University of New Haven email for important Commencement-related information.
- Please note, eligible graduates are not able to defer their participation in Commencement to a future ceremony date.
- Diplomas will be mailed approximately 4 weeks after the degree is awarded. Diplomas cannot be picked up. Diplomas and final transcripts will not be released if a balance is due to the University. Please be sure to check your ePay account.
In order to participate in a Commencement ceremony, students must either be completing or have completed their degree requirements by the end of the Spring 2023 semester – or be within nine (9) credits of completing an undergraduate degree or within six (6) credits of completing a graduate degree at the end of the Spring 2023 semester. All students must apply to graduate. For additional details, visit the graduation information page on myCharger (login required).
Spring 2022 Commencement
Spring 2022 Commencement ceremonies were held on Sunday, May 15, 2022.