Student Health Insurance
All full-time undergraduate and full-time international students are required to have health insurance and are automatically billed for the cost of the University-sponsored student health insurance plan. You may review the plan benefits offered and administered by UnitedHealthcare at uhcsr.com/newhaven.
- The cost of this plan is $1,800 for the 2023-2024 academic year.
- The charge will appear on your Fall 2023 semester bill.
- Policy coverage: August 1, 2023 – July 31, 2024.
Spring 2024 Only Plan:
- For new spring 2024 full-time undergraduate and full-time international students only.
- Policy coverage: January 1, 2024 – July 31, 2024.
If you are a full-time domestic undergraduate student with existing health insurance coverage and wish to waive the coverage offered by the University, you must submit an online waiver through the following link.
Please note, you will not be able to complete this waiver until after you are officially registered for classes.
Health Insurance Waiver
Waiver Deadline: July 31, 2023
- If a waiver is not received by the waiver deadline, the student will be automatically enrolled in the University-sponsored health insurance plan and will be responsible for paying the plan premium directly to the University.
- An online waiver will need to be processed each academic year should you wish to waive coverage.
- The only way to waive the University-sponsored health insurance is online.
- Once the waiver deadline has passed, you will not be able to waive coverage until the next academic year.
Health Insurance Requirements for Full-Time International Students
Federal and state laws require that international students (F-1 and J-1) maintain adequate health insurance while attending the University of New Haven. The University student health insurance plan is mandatory for all full-time (undergraduate and graduate) international students and coverage cannot be waived.
Please note: An international student studying through government or financial sponsorship like SACM will have the charge waived for them automatically.
Welcome from the One Stop
We are providing this information as a resource to assist students and families with understanding the University’s online tuition billing system and the payment options available for financing your education. If you have a question regarding your tuition bill or any of the information included on this website, please do not hesitate to contact our office.
What if I miss the waiver deadline?
Once the waiver deadline has passed, you will not be able to waive coverage until the next academic year. Failure to complete the online waiver request form by the specified date will obligate the student to pay for the coverage indicated on their student account.
How do I access my insurance card?
Students can access their health insurance card once they are officially registered for classes. Once your card is available, you will be sent an email to your university email account with instructions on how to access your card.
Who do I contact if I have questions regarding the plan benefits and coverage?
Below are helpful links to assist you with better understanding the health insurance plan and the benefits offered.
Plan Benefits: uhcsr.com/newhaven
Student Help Center: https://www.uhcsr.com/help-center (includes videos and answers to frequently asked questions)
Customer Service: 1-800-767-0700