Transfer Credit Evaluations
Transfer credits are evaluated at the time of application, and students will receive a preliminary transfer credit evaluation two to three weeks from the date of acceptance. The academic department to which the student applied will make a final determination of transfer credits. Evaluation of transfer credit is based on the following criteria:
- Credit is accepted for transfer courses that are similar in depth and content to University of New Haven courses or electives or that otherwise relate to degree requirements.
- Credit for the course must have been earned at a regionally-accredited institution.
- Credit is only granted for courses completed with at least a grade "C-" (1.67 on a 4-point scale) or better (or a "Pass" in a Pass/Fail course, provided the transfer institution documents that "Pass" is equivalent to a C or better). Grades of "C" (2.00 on a 4-point scale) are required for courses that serve as prerequisites for other courses.
- The total of transfer credit accepted may not exceed 90 semester credits.
- Credit is not awarded for courses that are remedial in nature and do not qualify as college-level education.
- Credits will only be transferred from an official transcript or score report.
We strongly encourage transfer students to contact us or to meet with a transfer counselor to discuss transfer credits and/or to request an academic worksheet for their program of interest.
The University recognizes Advanced Placement (AP), the College Level Examination Program (CLEP), Straighterline, STAMP, and International Baccalaureate (IB) exam scores for transfer.
Please send official test scores or transcripts electronically to Admissions@newhaven.edu
Official test scores or transcripts may also be mailed to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
University of New Haven
300 Boston Post Road
West Haven, CT 06516
Contact Undergraduate Admissions
Anemone and Steven Kaplan Hall (formerly Bayer Hall)
Phone: (203) 932-7319
Fax: (203) 931-6093
Monday - Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Saturday: 8:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Sunday: 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.