Health Services Requirements and Forms

At the University of New Haven, we value your health and that of our entire campus community.

Health Services Requirements

A health examination and proof of immunizations is required of all new students. For fall entry, new incoming undergraduate students must submit documentation to us by July 1. New incoming graduate students must submit documentation prior to registering for classes in their first term.

Health Examination and Immunizations Form - Required for all students
(Includes full-time/part-time status, undergraduate and graduate students)

If you have received the required vaccines, please submit proof of immunity, i.e. records from school, parent's records or copies of lab results of blood tests (for rubella and rubeola titres), along with the completed physical form with the Health Examination and Immunizations Form. Please note: We highly recommend that you make copies of all forms for your personal records prior to mailing copies to our office.

Varsity atheletes or those in certain Health Sciences programs may need to complete a physical (see page 6 of the Health Examination and Immunization packet). If so, and due to the busy nature of many physicians' practices, we recommend scheduling a physical examination and (if necessary) immunizations with your doctor as soon as possible.

New for Fall 2020: COVID-19 Testing Required

All residential students, commuter students, and University employees who will be returning to campus on a regular basis will be required to show proof of a negative result on a molecular SARS-COV2 RT-PCR test taken within 5 days of their initial return to campus. Upon guidance from the state of Connecticut, our testing window is as close to the time of arrival on campus as possible while remaining feasible for students to obtain testing. Please note anyone coming to campus from a high COVID positive state currently subject to travel restrictions by the State of Connecticut must ALSO quarantine for 14 days prior to their return to campus date.

Testing Requriement Details

Students can submit their COVID-19 testing documentation to the Office of Health Services via MedTunnel. Please follow the instructions listed on this page. Use COVID-19 TEST RESULTS as the subject line.

MedTunnel: HIPAA-Compliant Document Submission

To upload medical and immunization forms, the University of New Haven is utilizing MedTunnel, to send and receive private health information securely over the Internet. MedTunnel is HIPAA-compliant to ensure that all sensitive patient information is protected as per the standards set by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996.

Please sign up for a MedTunnel ID and then login to MedTunnel in order to submit the required medical forms. You need to create a MedTunnel ID in order to easily communicate with Health Services regarding your health forms. Where asked, even if listed as optional, put in your MedTunnel ID to ensure you can communicate with Health Services.

Sign up and login to MedTunnel via web browser by visiting, or download the MedTunnel app from either the Apple App Store (iOS devices), or the Google Play store (Android devices). The instructions are the same, if not similar.

For a step-by-step guide on sign-up and login to MedTunnel, follow these MedTunnel Instructions.

Technical issues: If you have any issues with the signup or login process, please contact the University Technical Support Help Desk at or (203) 932-8324 (option 2).

Additional Forms and Information

Patient Financial Responsibility Notice
For all students.
This notice details the financial responsibility students bear for the health care they receive at and/or through Health Services at the University of New Haven. Please note: This notice is provided here for your information and review. You do not need to download and return this form now - students will be asked to sign this form at the time they utilize Health Services.

Immunization Request Form
For students who are graduating or who leave the university and want to request their medical records. Please allow up to two weeks for requested records to be sent. State law requires that the university keep medical files for a period of seven years after a student has left the institution. After that time period, all records are destroyed. Please contact Health Services for further information regarding your medical records.

Emergencies and After Hours Care
Click here for a printable list of care centers.