Community Has All Residents Growing, Engaging, & Discovering
The mission of the Office of Residential Life is to create a safe, supportive, inclusive, and engaged learning environment that enhances student's holistic development. We provide opportunities for students to create community and implement a vision for their future.
COMMUNITY STARTS HERE
Our vision is for the residential community to create spirited life-long Chargers.
In partnership with members of the University of New Haven, we will:
- Build collaborative relationships that connect students with university partners to support academic success and personal development.
- Co-create a residential environment that intentionally seeks student input and feedback by practicing open and honest dialogue.
- Immerse students in a community engagement model that prepares them to be active members of the university community and emerge as responsible global citizens.
- Foster an environment of mutual respect that promotes discovery and appreciation of self and one another.
To serve our missions, we commit to co-creating a student-centered environment that values:
- Curiosity and Discovery
- Thoughtful and creative Expression
- Authentic and equitable Relationships
- A sense of Belonging and Pride
- Advocacy for self and others
Recognize the effort, appreciate the contributions, celebrate the journey.