Please watch this page for more dates and announcements about the 2024-2025 Room Selection Process.
Welcome to the Room Selection Information Page!
The Room Selection Process at the University of New Haven is the process by which currently enrolled undergraduate students apply for and select their housing for the upcoming academic year. Annually, the Office of Residential Life hosts and facilitate this process for students to pick their room for the next academic year with their selected roommate group. Please see below for important dates and a list of frequently asked questions about our process.
Please review important Room Selection Dates below:
- February 2, 2024: Renewal deadline for housing modifications approved by the Accessibility Resources Center. For information about renewal, please visit ARC’s Website.
- February 13, 2024: First Roommate Matching Event, details to follow.
- February 20, 2024: First Room Tours Event, details to follow.
- February 21, 2024: Room Selection Contest Deadline. If you submit both the Housing Deposit and the Housing Application by this date, you will be entered into a raffle for first housing selection!
- February 28, 2024: Final Room Tours Event, details to follow.
- March 4, 2024: Final Roommate Matching Event, details to follow.
- March 6, 2024: Housing Deposit and Housing Application Deadline. Both deposit and application must be completed by this date. A student who submits a deposit on the due date and who then submits their application after the due date will not be eligible for the Room Selection Process.
- March 11 - 22, 2024: Housing placement for students with approved housing modifications from ARC (this does not include students approved for ESAs only).
- April 1 - April 12, 2024: Room Selection Process
What happens if I miss the housing deposit and application deadline?
Students who do not submit their housing deposit and their housing application by the deadline outlined above will not be permitted to participate in the room selection process. Students who are not permitted to participate will not be able to opt into a roommate group and/or choose a room with their preferred roommate group. Students who submit their housing deposit and housing application late will be assisted after the Room Selection Process concludes and will receive a housing assignment on a space-available basis.
Currently enrolled undergraduate students who are interested in living on campus for the upcoming academic year should plan to participate in the Room Selection Process.
Students wishing to participate in the Room Selection process must complete the following three steps in the order listed to become eligible:
- Resolve any outstanding balances with the Bursar’s Office. Students who have an active financial hold are not permitted to pay a room deposit for the upcoming academic year.
- Submit a $500 room deposit in ePay. Learn how to submit your room deposit here!
- Complete the Continuing Student Housing Application in the myHousing portal. Students who have not submitted a room deposit in ePay will not see the housing application. After submitting your deposit, you will see your housing application within 24 hours.
Any currently enrolled student with a current Housing Modification that is approved by the Accessibility Resources Center (ARC) must renew their Housing Modification for the upcoming academic year by the deadline outlined above. To renew/edit your current housing modification, please email Erica Hutchinson at ARC@newhaven.edu
The only students permitted priority room selection are those approved for Housing Modifications by the Accessibility Resources Center. However, we do have various opportunities for students to become eligible for a raffle to win their housing preference for them and their roommates. Students have been notified of these opportunities via their student email. Please note, any student who wins a raffle for their first housing preference must be eligible for the Room Selection Process by the deadline above. Additionally, their preferred roommates must also be eligible by the deadline.
We permit sophomore students to only match with other sophomore students as roommates. Juniors and Seniors may create roommate groups with other Juniors and Seniors.
After the deposit and application deadline in March, the Office of Residential Life will release an eligibility list that will outline all the students eligible for the Room Selection Process. Soon after that list is shared, you will be able to select your roommates and pick a room! A more detailed schedule of the Room Selection Process will be shared in February.
The Office of Residential Life has received several questions regarding students enrolled in Pathway/Dual Degree programs who will transition to their graduate studies next year. If you are enrolled in a Pathway/Dual Degree program, you may participate in room selection with your peers (your Rising Class Status will be senior or junior). However, if you are beginning the fall semester as a graduate student and would prefer to be in graduate housing, you must contact our office for access to the graduate student housing application.
You will select your meal plan after you have selected your housing assignment. If you do not select your meal plan and you have selected to live in a building that requires a meal plan, we will automatically enroll you in a meal plan.
The Office of Residential Life offers Roommate Matching events and opportunities throughout the spring semester. Please keep an eye on this page and your student email account for more information about our upcoming events!
The Office of Residential Life offers Room Tours during the spring semester. Please keep an eye on this page and your student email account for information about our upcoming events!
Most of the information shared about Room Selection will be via email. Additionally, flyers, posters, and bulletin boards will be hung throughout our residence halls to remind you of important dates and information about our process. You can always ask your hall staff about this process as well! They will have a lot of information for you as you progress through the process. If you’re curious to see who manages your hall, check out the Office of Residential Life Staff Information page!