Spring Commencement is scheduled for Sunday, May 15, 2022 at HarfordHealthcare Amphitheater in Bridgeport, CT. More information will be added to this page in Spring 2022.
The graduation application deadline for this ceremony was Monday, November 15, 2021.
The University has arranged to have your regalia (caps, gowns, tassels, and hoods for master’s degree and Ph.D. candidates) shipped to the University for pickup at Charge Out on Monday, April 11. You can order your regalia by visiting: https://www.jostens.com/apps/store/customer/1037352/University-of-New-Haven/.
All orders must be placed by Monday, February 28. If you are unable to attend Charge Out on April 11, you will be able to pick up your regalia at the University Bookstore. If you are a distance-learning student who needs to make special arrangements for your regalia, please contact the bookstore directly.
- Click - Shop Graduation Caps & Gowns
- Click - Student Commencement
- Select - Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate
- Click Gown Fit - Enter your height and weight
- If Master or Doctor - Click Major/Curriculum - select your major/curriculum from the drop-down list
- Click - Add to Cart
- Click - Continue / Buy Now (the price will be $0.00)
- Enter your first and last name
- Click - Check-Out and complete check out process
Graduates are required to have regalia to be able to participate in an in-person ceremony or any filmed Commencement events.
There is no charge for the regalia. The process to order is quick and easy and will ensure that you receive appropriately sized regalia and that master’s and doctoral degree candidates receive the proper hood for their individual degrees.
Additional important information
Undergraduate Latin honor cords, stoles, medals and other Commencement items will be available at Charge Out. These will not be available for order on the Jostens website.
- Earned undergraduate Latin honor cords will be distributed by the Registrar’s Office to students who qualify. (Please note that due to the timing of the ceremony, honors designations will be based on your grades at the end of your most recent term prior to the Spring 2022 semester.)
- Students who wish to order a stole that highlights involvement in one of the University’s experiential education pillars (Study Abroad, Internship, Academic Service-Learning, Faculty-Mentored Research, or Learning Community) will be able to order those online directly from the University of New Haven bookstore and should place those orders no later than Friday, March 25.
- All other department/organization recognitions (Greek Life, Legacy cords, Philanthropy cords to recognize Senior gifts, Lavender cords, Athletics, etc.) will be distributed directly by the relevant academic schools/colleges, organizations, or departments.
- Please note that diplomas will be mailed in June, once all degree audits are completed, to the address provided on your application for Commencement.
Winter Commencement was held on Sunday, December 12, 2021 at the Toyota Oakdale Theatre in Wallingford, CT, featuring graduates from August 2021, and January 2022.
Centennial Commencement Ceremony at Homecoming
A very special Commencement Ceremony was held on Saturday, October 9, at 9 a.m. at Kathy Zolad Stadium on campus, featuring graduates from May 2020, August 2020, and December 2020.