Help create the next big hit
Love music but prefer to work behind the scenes? As a music and sound recording major at the University, you will be able to discover exactly why musicians say the real magic happens in the studio.
Our B.A. and B.S. in Music and Sounding Recording programs are built on the belief that musicians should have a working knowledge of how music is recorded and then heard, and that sound recording artists should understand the art form they are recording.
Depending on your specific interests, you can choose to pursue either the B.A. or the B.S.
In the Bachelor of Arts program, your studies will focus on:
- Music history, theory, and aesthetics
- Sound recording methodology and technique
In the Bachelor of Science program, your studies will include elements of the B.A. program, but will provide more emphasis on science and technology through courses in calculus, physics, and electrical engineering.
Regardless of the path you pursue, you will:
- Learn by working on professional-grade, state-of-the-art equipment
- Develop an appreciation of the worldwide cultural impact of music
- Have the opportunity to pursue private instruction on an instrument or in voice
- Benefit from a campus that provides easy access to the New York City music scene
- Have the opportunity to apply for the study away program at Blackbird Studio in Nashville