Financial Aid for Veterans Seeking an Undergraduate Degree

Although veterans may be receiving benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs, students are encouraged to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to have their eligibility determined for other financial assistance. The FAFSA determines an undergraduate student’s eligibility for the federal Pell grant as well as for the federal student loans, along with the University of New Haven grants and scholarships. Students may be eligible for these programs in addition to the benefits received from the Department of Veterans Affairs.

Listed below are some helpful links:

Veteran Student Services

Veteran Benefit Information

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at