We understand that the Financial Aid process can be confusing. Here are steps for the process and answers to many common questions.
What is financial aid & who provides the money?
- Scholarships, Grants, Loans, Employment
- Federal, State, Institutional, Private
How to apply for financial aid.
- Federal Financial Aid - FAFSA
- Merit/Academic Financial Aid
- What is the EFC?
- What does it mean?
How the school determines the amount of financial aid.
- What is the Cost of Education?
- What is Financial Need & How is it Determined?
- What is a financial aid award offer?
- Why did I not receive Federal Work Study, SEOG, etc.?
I have the Financial Aid Award Offer - What do I do next?
- What does it cost to attend the University of New Haven?
- What about Books?
- How much will I owe after I subtract the financial aid?
I want to Accept my Award Offer & Attend the University of New Haven.
- Sign & send paperwork to the University of New Haven's Financial Aid Office
- Complete Entrance Counseling for Federal Loans
- Complete Master Promissory Note for Federal Loans
My family has Special Circumstances.
- Who do I tell?
- What forms must be completed?
How do I look for more Scholarship money?
- What are Private Scholarships?
- How do I search for Private Scholarships?
- What about Scholarship Scams?
- What do I do if I know I am receiving a Private Scholarship?
Estimate Your Financial Aid Award!