Repaying Your Loans

Students who borrowed federal student loans while enrolled at the University of New Haven and are graduating, enrolled in a less than half-time status or are no longer enrolled, MUST complete Loan Exit Counseling.  This counseling session is required under federal regulations and will provide information about your rights and responsibilities in repaying the federal student loans you borrowed.


For a detailed list of the federal student loans you borrowed while you were enrolled visit the U.S. Department of Education's federal website: This website provides information regarding your federal student loans including loan amounts disbursed, outstanding principal and interest, total amount of all your federal loans and the name of your loan “servicer” for each federal loan.  Keep track of your federal student loans on the website!

The “servicer” of your loans will contact you regarding the repayment of your loans.  The “servicer” is the company/agency that collects the monthly payments you submit to repay your loans. Due to changes to the federal student loan program while you were enrolled, changes with lenders and other reasons, the loans you borrowed each year may end up with different loan servicers.

Servicers can help with questions you may have regarding loan repayment and Repayment Plan options.  For more information about the repayment plan options and calculators to estimate your monthly payment when repaying your federal student loans, visit the U.S. Department of Education's Federal Student Aid website.

In addition to viewing the name of your loan servicer(s) on the federal website, the Federal Student Aid Information Center can provide you with the name of your loan servicer(s).  You may contact the Federal Student Aid Information Center by calling, 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243; TTY 1-800-730-8913).

Visit the federal website for a list of organizations that have been contracted by the U.S. Department of Education to service loans for the federal Direct student loan program.

The Student Loan Ombudsman's Office has been established by the Dept. of Education to resolve problems between you and your school, lender, guarantor, and loan services. They may be reached by telephone: 1-877-557-2575, via fax at 606-396-4821, or by postal address: U.S. Dept. of Education, FSA Ombudsman Group, P.O. Box 1854, Monticello, KY 42633 .

Counseling Services from ECMC Solutions

The University has teamed up with a non-profit organization, ECMC Solutions, to provide FREE loan counseling services to help students manage their federal student loans.

Contact ECMC Solutions for any of your student loan questions:

  • One-on-one federal student loan repayment advice
  • Lower the interest on your loan
  • Repayment plan options – choosing a long-term option
  • Forbearances and deferments – what they are and when might you need them?

Students can take advantage of these FREE services by contacting ECMC Solutions at (877) 331-3262 or visiting

Perkins Loan Repayment

ECSI is the Perkins Loan servicer for the University of New Haven. Please make all payments payable to the University of New Haven and send them to:

PO Box 718
Wexford, PA 15090
1 (888) 549-3274