Finalizing Your Financial Aid
Ensure you have completed all necessary steps to finalize your award.
Students can view their individual requirements through the My Financial Aid system via the myCharger portal. Once logged in, click on the My Financial Aid icon at the top of the page.
1. Accept or decline all of your financial aid awards online
2. Submit additional documents if requested
- Log on to the My Financial Aid system and select “Menu,” then “Documents” to view documents that you must complete/submit. Outstanding documents will be noted as “Not Received.”
- Select “Menu,” then “Forms” to find documents to print and instructions.
NOTE: See special instructions below regarding the Loan Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note documents.
3. Complete Loan Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note (MPN)
* For first-time student loan borrowers only
If you accepted the federal loans offered on your financial aid award and are a first-time student loan borrower, you are required to complete TWO steps before the Financial Aid Office can process the loan(s).
Student Loan Entrance Counseling
A learning tool for students to gain an understanding of their rights and responsibilities in being a federal student loan borrower.
Sign Loan Agreement (MPN) for Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan
The Master Promissory Note (MPN) is valid for 10 years and is a legal document in which the student promises to repay the loan(s) along with any accrued interest and fees, to the U.S. Department of Education.
How To Complete These Steps
Students sign into www.StudentAid.gov using the FSA ID (user name and password) the student used to sign the FAFSA.
4. Report any outside scholarship awards you receive to the Financial Aid Office.
- Make sure you send to the Financial Aid Office, a copy of the notification you receive indicating you have been selected as the scholarship recipient.
- Outside scholarships are divided equally between the fall and spring semesters unless the scholarship letter states otherwise.