Frequently Asked Questions for One Stop

General Information
  • When is the fall bill due?

    Fall bills are due on July 13, 2020.

  • How can I view my bill?

    Students can access ePay by logging in to myCharger and clicking the ePay icon at the top of the page.


    PLEASE NOTE: Only students can access the portal. Once a parent/guardian is set up as an authorized payer, they will receive their own personal login credentials.

  • What happens if I do not pay my bill by the due date?

    If your payment is not received by the designated due date, you may be assessed a late fee each month equal to 1% of your unpaid balance as well as have a financial hold placed on your record. This hold will restrict you from scheduling/registering for future classes, viewing grades, requesting transcripts, and receiving your diploma.

  • What is ePay?

    All billing for tuition, fees, room and board is processed electronically through ePay, the University’s online billing and payment system. ePay is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for your convenience. Each time a new bill is available, students are notified through their University email account. Parents and families will only be emailed if they are set up as an authorized payer.

    With ePay you can:

    • Access your current and previous tuition statements
    • View current account activity
    • Make payments in a secure environment
    • Authorize other payers (parent, guardian, etc.) to access your tuition account
    • Sign up for text message notifications
    • Enroll in direct deposit for student refunds
  • How can my parent/family member have access to my bill?

    Students can create up to five authorized payers on their student account in ePay. Each authorized payer will have his or her own personal login credentials for access to ePay. Authorized payers will also receive an email notification when a new bill is available. In order for others (parents, family members, etc.) to discuss a student’s tuition account with the One Stop Office staff, they must be set up as an authorized payer.

  • Where can I mail my check?

    All checks should be made payable to the University of New Haven, include the student’s name and ID number, and can be mailed to:

    University of New Haven
    One Stop – Bursar’s Office
    300 Boston Post Road
    West Haven, CT 06516

  • What is the General Student Fee?

    The general fee provides a partial contribution supporting essential infrastructure, facilities and institutional services necessary to promote student learning. This fee covers access to health and counseling services and it supports student government and club activities. In addition, this fee supports technology infrastructure initiatives including, but not limited to, networks, electronic information resources, computer laboratories and smart technology classrooms. This fee also covers facility enhancements and student services such as access to the Beckerman Recreation Center. The general fee is charged for each semester in which a student enrolls.

  • Why am I being charged a lab fee if I’m not taking a lab?

    Although the course in question does not necessarily have a laboratory component, there is an additional fee required to operate the class. This fee is used to support courses requiring specialized materials and/or a specialized environment. Lab fees are noted on the Academic Calendar.

  • What is a tuition differential fee?

    Tuition differentials are additional fees associated with particular courses. These courses (usually engineering, chemistry, and computer science courses) require additional resources to operate. Tuition differential fees are noted on the Academic Calendar.

Monthly Payment Plan (Optional)
  • How do I enroll in the monthly payment plan?

    Step 1: Start by logging into ePay.

    Step 2: Once logged in, click on Payment Plan from the menu option from the left. Select from the Available Payment Plans and click on the Sign Up for New Payment Plan link.

    Click here for step-by-step instructions.

  • When is the deadline to enroll?

    The target date to enroll by can be found here.

  • What types of payment methods are accepted?

    Payment methods include:

    • Automatic withdrawal from your checking or savings account (eCheck)
    • Credit/debit card (convenience fees may apply)
  • How are my payments affected if my student account balance changes?

    ePay automatically monitors your student account and will rebalance your payment plan based on any changes that occur. Rebalancing is needed if the student account balance changes for any reason, such as the awarding of additional financial aid or the assessment of additional charges. This means your monthly payments could increase or decrease during the semester. Therefore, it is critically important for you to monitor both your student account balance and agreement balance online or contact the Bursar’s Office at if you have any questions.

  • What happens if my automatic monthly payment is rejected/returned?

    If your monthly payment is returned for any reason, Nelnet will notify the plan owner and student via email and you will be notified of a reattempt date to process the monthly installment from the account provided. Nelnet will deduct a $30 returned payment fee from your bank account or credit/debit card five days after each time a payment is returned. After the second unsuccessful attempt, The University reserves the right to terminate the payment plan agreement.

  • Once my payment plan is set up, do I need to log in each month to make my payment?

    No, your payment plan is set up with automatic monthly payments that will occur on the 20th of each month.

Financial Aid
  • Why is my financial aid not showing on my bill?

    If you applied for financial aid and it is not included on your bill, be sure you Accepted or Declined all offered financial aid awards online and that you submitted all required financial aid documents. Students can view their financial aid awards and their individual required documents through the My Financial Aid system via the myCharger portal. Once logged in, click on the My Financial Aid icon at the top of the page.


  • What is the difference between a subsidized loan and an unsubsidized loan?

    Subsidized loans do not accrue interest while the student is enrolled at least half-time. With an unsubsidized loan, interest begins to accrue once the loan is processed and disbursed to the school.

  • What loan options are available?

    Federal Direct Student Loan: The student is the borrower of this loan and the amount for which a student is eligible will appear on the student's financial aid award.

    Federal Direct Parent Loan (PLUS): The parent is the borrower of this federal credit-based loan

    Private Alternative Loan: This private, credit-based loan is borrowed by the student and a creditworthy cosigner. This loan is offered through many lenders, such as banks, credit unions, state agencies, and other financial institutions.

  • Why is my Federal loan amount less than what I accepted on my financial aid award?

    The government deducts a fee from each disbursement of the Federal Direct Student Loan as well as the Federal Direct Parent Loan (PLUS), so the school will receive an amount that is a little less than the amount of the loan that is awarded.

  • How does my parent apply for a Federal Parent Plus Loan (PLUS)?

    Parents sign into using the FSA ID (username and password) the parent used to sign the FAFSA. Select the option "Apply for a PLUS" then complete and submit the application. If approved, parents will need to "Complete Loan Agreement for a PLUS Loan (MPN)."

  • What happens if my parent is not approved for the PLUS loan?

    If a parent is not approved for the Federal Direct Parent Loan (PLUS), the parent may:

    • Appeal the decision with the U.S. Department of Education.
    • Obtain a creditworthy endorser.
    • Choose to "Not Pursue the PLUS Loan." With this option, the student is eligible to borrow an additional $4,000 for the year (as a freshman or sophomore) and $5,000 for the year (as a junior or senior) in the Unsubsidized Federal Direct Student Loan program.
    • Have the other parent apply for the Federal Direct Parent Loan (PLUS) in their name.
  • What should I do if I am expecting an outside scholarship?

    Make sure you send to the One Stop Office, a copy of the notification you receive indicating you have been selected as the scholarship recipient.

Student Health Insurance