Receiving an I-20 as a Graduate Student from the University of New Haven

Course Registration Information

In order to obtain an I-20 once you have been accepted to the University of New Haven, you must submit the following via your application portal.

  • The Financial Statement for International Students (FSIS) form completed, dated, and signed by you and your sponsor(s). Download Form: Graduate FSIS (PDF)
  • An ORIGINAL current bank statement from you or your sponsor(s) indicating that the required funds are available. The bank statement must be written in English on official bank letterhead and must contain an account number and the amount of money available in U.S. dollars or its foreign currency equivalent. The bank statement must be also signed by a bank official and dated within six months of the intended semester of admission. If sponsored, the sponsor(s) name(s) must be clearly mentioned on the bank statement.
  • Government-sponsored or company-sponsored students must submit an official letter from their sponsoring government or company indicating which costs (tuition, fees, health insurance, housing, food, etc.) will be provided.
  • Proof of English language competency. For more information, please click here.
Spouses and Children (Dependents)

If you will be accompanied by your spouse and/or children, you must show the following:

  • An additional $9,000 in financial support for the first dependent and $8,000 additional for each dependent thereafter.
  • You also need to provide clear copies of your dependent's passport name page, a marriage certificate for you and your spouse and a birth certificate for each accompanying child. The certificates must be in English.

F-2 I-20s will be issued to students upon request and only to students who first provide a copy of their visa for University of New Haven. The University will then issue immigration documents that include your dependent(s) which would allow them to apply for the F-2 dependent visa.