The University of New Haven offers all assigned residential students and their families the opportunity to drop off their belongings before Charge In/Move In.
Charlie's FastPass Registration
Students are able to sign up for Charlie’s FastPass in myHousing.
Available dates and times will be displayed in myHousing while registering.
Charlie's FastPass Details
- You have one hour to move your belongings into your new residence hall room, with limited competition for elevators and stairwells. Your belongings will be safe and secured until you officially move in to campus on your assigned date.
- While multiple family members can come to campus, students will only be permitted one (1) additional person assisting them within the residence hall at any time.
- If you successfully registered for Charlie’s FastPass, you will receive an email confirmation, plus a follow-up email closer to the date with details about Charlie's FastPass.
Charlie's FastPass Maps
We’ve prepared interactive maps that are specific to each residence hall and made several changes in order for us to provide you with the best FastPass experience possible. Please be sure to follow the instructions on your map, including which campus entrance you should arrive to and where you should check-in and park.
Remember: Charlie's FastPass is for those who successfully registered, only. Do not come to campus for Charlie's FastPass if you did not successfully pre-register.
- The Atwood – FastPass Map
- Bergami Hall – FastPass Map
- Bethel Hall – FastPass Map
- Bixler Hall – FastPass Map
- 1132/1126 Campbell Ave. Houses – FastPass Map
- Celentano Hall – FastPass Map
- Dunham Hall – FastPass Map
- Forest Hills Apartments – FastPass Map
- Gerber Hall – FastPass Map
- Main Street Apartments – FastPass Map
- Park View – FastPass Map
- Ruden Street Apartments – FastPass Map
- Savin Court Townhouses – FastPass Map
- Sheffield Hall – FastPass Map
- Westside Hall – FastPass Map
- Winchester Hall – FastPass Map
Charlie’s FastPass FAQ
You will be given 1 hour to move things into your residential hall room. When you register you will select a time slot that works best for you and your family’s schedule. Time slots are filled on a first come, first serve basis.
The process for Charlie’s Fast Pass is straight forward! Once you arrive to campus and park your vehicle, come directly inside to check in prior to bringing any belongings into the building. Upon arrival, you will be checked in an receive your room keys for the academic year but will not receive your student ID. From there, you will be able to move things into your room at your leisure. Please make sure you lock your room after dropping off your belongings. It is important to keep track of your time, and how much time you have left as you are bringing things into your room. At the conclusion of your Charlie’s FastPass, experience check out at the lobby table prior to leaving. Then, we will see you at Charge In!
Please proceed to your Residence Hall’s check-in location indicated on the Charlie’s Fast Pass map. As you prepare to move your belongings, please be advised that there are elevators available inside of a number of Residence Halls. For our first year families, the Residence Halls with elevators and the number of elevators are as follows: Westside Hall (2), Bergami (2), Bixler (2), Gerber (2). Also be advised there are no elevators within Bethel Hall.
Unfortunately, there will not be any moving carts or hand-trucks that students and families can utilize during Charlie’s Fast Pass. But, you can always bring your own to assist you. When you return to campus for Charge In there will be moving carts that students and families can utilize to assist them in moving in additional items.
Since this is an opportunity for students to move belongings in early there will not be any additional volunteers or staff members to help in moving things.
You will have the opportunity to move things into your Residence Hall for your designated time slot. You are not able to set up your room during this time and should leave your belongings in a corner of the room so that you are able to set up your space together with your roommate on opening day.
Please note: While multiple family members can come to campus, students will only be permitted one (1) additional person assisting them within the residence hall at any time.
You will not receive your student ID, but you will receive your room keys during Charlie's Fast Pass. After you move your things in, you will keep your keys until move-in day the following week to make your move in smoother. There is a charge for lost keys, so if you are nervous that you will misplace them and you prefer we hold onto them until you return on your move-in day, let us know and we would be happy to assist!