Saturday, August 17, 2019
This page is ONLY for students who will be registering for Charlie’s FastPass.
Registration for Charlie's FastPass has closed.
If you successfully registered for Charlie’s FastPass, you will receive an email confirmation, plus a follow-up email closer to the date with details about Charlie's FastPass.
Charlie's FastPass Details
- You have one hour to move your items into your residence hall room on August 17.
- Only the student and their family who registered for Charlie’s FastPass can move belongings into the residence hall. No other residents of the room should be moving in at this time.
- Please be on time for your registered time slot. We cannot accommodate students arriving early or staying past their hour.
- A confirmation email will be sent out immediately after registering that contains your date, residence hall, and move-in time. Please refer to that email if you have any questions about your move in time.
- We advise that you do not move any valuables into your residence hall room during Charlie’s FastPass (ie. TVs, jewelry, etc.) The University of New Haven is not responsible for any missing items.
- In addition to participating in the Charlie’s FastPass program, you still need to check in at Charge In (Wednesday, August 21 for students in an LLC, or Thursday, August 22 for students not in an LLC) at your assigned time and residence hall (coming soon)
Charlie's FastPass Maps
We’ve prepared maps that are specific to each residence hall and made several changes in order for us to provide you with the best FastPass experience possible. Please be sure to follow the instructions on your map.
- Bergami Hall – FastPass Map
- Bethel Hall – FastPass Map
- Bixler Hall – FastPass Map
- Gerber Hall – FastPass Map
- Westside Hall – FastPass Map
Charlie’s FastPass FAQ
Charlie’s Fast Pass is an opportunity for new residential students to come to campus for a day on the weekend before Charge In to move some of their belongings into their Residence Hall! Students will be let into their residence hall room by either an Orientation Leader or Residential Assistant, and will be given an hour to move in their belongings!
All first year residential students who have been cleared by Health Services and the Bursars Office have the opportunity to participate in Charlie’s Fast Pass.
You will be given 1 hour to move things into your residential hall room. When you register you will select a time slot that works best for you and your family’s schedule. Time slots are filled on a first come, first serve basis.
Charlie’s Fast Pass is not mandatory! This program is available for those who wish to take advantage of the opportunity of moving some of their belongings into their Residence Hall room early, and to make Charge In an easier experience.
If you are receiving an error message while trying to register for Charlie’s Fast Pass this means that you have either a Bursary hold or a Health Services hold on your account. In order to have these holds lifted or to receive more information about these holds you will need to contact the Bursars Office or Health Services directly.
Unfortunately you will not be able to participate in Charlie’s Fast Pass if you have a Health Services hold or a Bursary hold on your account.
The process for Charlie’s Fast Pass is straight forward! Once you arrive to campus and park your vehicle, come directly inside to check in prior to bringing any belongings into the building. Upon check in a member of our staff will escort you to your Residence Hall room and unlock your room for you. The staff member will also remind you when your time frame to move your belongings in ends. From there you will be able to move things into your room at your leisure. It is important to keep track of your time, and how much time you have left as you are bringing things into your room. Once your time slot hour is over a staff member will go back and lock your room. At the conclusion of your Charlie’s Fast Pass experience check out at the lobby table prior to leaving. We will see you at Charge In!
Please proceed to your Residence Hall’s check-in location indicated on the Charlie’s Fast Pass map, which can be found on this page. As you prepare to move your belongings, please be advised that there are elevators available inside of a number of Residence Halls. The Residential Halls with elevators and the number of elevators are as follows: Westside Hall (2), Bergami (2), Bixler (2), Gerber (2). Also be advised there are no elevators within Bethel Hall.
Unfortunately there will not be any bins, or hand-trucks that students and families can utilize during Charlie’s Fast Pass. But, you can always bring your own to assist you. When you return to campus for Charge In there will be large bins that students and families can utilize to assist them in moving in additional items.
Since this is an opportunity for students to move belongings in early there will not be any additional volunteers or staff members to help in moving things. However, during Charge In there will be plenty of volunteers ready to assist you.
You will have the opportunity to move things into your Residence Hall for your designated time slot. How you and your family choose to use this time will be at your discretion, just keep in mind you will only have an hour to move your belongings in.
You won’t receive your room key or campus ID at Charlie’s Fast Pass. You will receive your room key and campus card when you arrive to campus for Charge In.