M.S. Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, Central Connecticut State University
B.A. Linguistics/Psychology, University of Connecticut
As an instructor with a TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) background, I specialize in working with international students. I find it incredibly important to help students understand their role in changing and utilizing the English language in a variety of settings. The main goals of my work are to guide students in developing a sense of agency in their learning process and a sense of language as a vehicle of privilege.
I am interested in developing opportunities to network between International and American students; should you wish to be involved in that process, please don't hesitate to let me know. In particular, I think that the abundance of natural resources and conservancies in our area may serve as a great site to bring us all together!
Writing Fellowship, Quinnipiac University, 2009- 2014
- Awarded for work with Saudi Arabian students, both for developing an ESL specific pilot composition course series as well as advocacy on their part within the university.
- Conducted exit survey in order to better understand issues with international student retention.
- Composed letter recommending policy review to maximize financial impact of international student recruitment and retention.
2015-16 Freelance Copy-Editor
Stirling, Bruce. TOEFL Strategies: Quick Reference Guide. Charleston: Create Space Independent Publishing Platform, 2016. Print.
Stirling, Bruce. Roman Road. Charleston: Create Space Independent Publishing Platform, 2016. Print.
- ENGL1104 Fundamentals for Internationals
- ENGL1106 Composition for Internationals
- ENGL1110 Composition and Literature