We advise international students to choose JFK as their arrival airport as this is the most convenient airport for international arrivals.
Ground Transportation from the Airport
University of New Haven Shuttle Service:
- Sign Up for our Free Airport Shuttle Service offered during specific days and hours in the days preceding the start of classes. You will have received information about signups for this service via email.
Go Airport Shuttle of Connecticut:
- If you arrive at LaGuardia or JFK, go to the Ground Transportation Center and request the Go Airport Shuttle of Connecticut to West Haven. The Shuttle (available only from LaGuardia or JFK Airports) goes directly to the University of New Haven and costs about $75. For more information, visit www.2theairport.com or call (866) 284-3247 or (203) 891-1280.
- Taking a taxi from JFK is more expensive and will cost $200+ USD.
- From New York and Points West Traveling North on I-95: Take Exit 43, Campbell Avenue. Turn left at bottom of exit ramp. Continue past University of New Haven sign on left at Ruden Street (0.6 miles) to the intersection with Route 1 (Boston Post Road). Turn left, travel to the top of the hill, turn left into the University of New Haven.
- From Hartford, Boston, Providence, New London, and Points North and East Traveling South on I-95: Take Exit 43, First Avenue. Turn right at bottom of exit ramp, travel 0.5 miles to second traffic light, Route 122 (Campbell Avenue). Turn right and continue past intersection with Ruden Street (note University of New Haven sign at left) to the intersection with Route 1 (Boston Post Road). Travel to the top of the hill, turn left into the University of New Haven.
By Bus or Train:
- Amtrak trains, Metro-North trains, and Peter Pan buses all make regular stops at the New Haven railroad and bus station (Union Station), which is located in Downtown New Haven From there you can take a quick five-minute taxi ride to campus. Metro Taxi New Haven Telephone number is (203) 777-7777.