Tuition and Renter's Insurance

Tuition Insurance

The University of New Haven strongly encourages students and families to explore the option of purchasing tuition insurance to protect their financial investment in a student’s education. Tuition insurance is designed to offer a partial or full refund of payment in the event a student withdraws from the University due to a documented medical issue.

Renter’s Insurance for College Students

Renters insurance is an affordable way to cover your belongings and protect yourself against theft, damage and many other causes of loss to personal property that may occur while at school, home, or when studying abroad. Insurance plans cover items such as computers, electronics, furniture and other valuables.

Parents should check their homeowner’s policy first to see if their student is already covered. Some policies provide coverage if a student is listed as a dependent on your policy and live on campus, but they might not have coverage if they live off campus.


The University of New Haven does not partner with any particular insurance carrier nor do we endorse any vendors who offer such coverage. If you are interested in tuition and/or renter’s insurance, you would identify the carrier of your choice and work with them directly to secure a policy.