Community partnerships are crucial to the development of service-learning projects that have lasting impact. Our community partners identify real community needs and collaborate with the Academic Service Learning Office to meet those needs.
Responsibilities of Community Partners
- Help the Academic Service Learning office identify community needs and provide a service opportunity that meets those needs.
- Provide adequate and consistent project supervision for students, and project feedback to faculty and Academic Service Learning staff.
Responsibilites of the Academic Service-Learning Office
- Collaborate with community partners to identify community needs
- Assist faculty and community partners in the selection and design of relevant service projects
- Monitor project implementation
- Assist community partners, faculty, and students in troubleshooting issues that might arise during the project
- Provide logistical support to community partners, faculty, and students in completing those projects