Center for Teaching Excellence
The CTE is an innovative and supportive destination for all faculty. We provide programs, services, resources, and networking for all instructors to advance teaching on campus and contribute to a culture of continued improvement and peer-to-peer learning and collaboration.
We facilitate programs and opportunities for instructors to share in a persistent commitment to growth as teachers. As our students change, as educational technologies change, as learning science evolves…we should adapt as well. The CTE will be responsive to faculty needs in the moment, as well as responsive to institutional goals and priorities.
We are happy to have you here. We welcome your input, feedback and participation. Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org!
The mission of the University of New Haven Center for Teaching Excellence (CTE) is to:
- Offer programs and services that support faculty in facilitating student-centered courses and that encourage the growth of high-impact, innovative teaching practices
- Support faculty and programs in evaluating the effectiveness of their curricula and teaching
- Foster a culture of inclusive, reflective teaching through peer support and community building
- Promote faculty participation in scholarship on teaching and learning
These efforts ultimately work towards the larger goal of supporting University of New Haven students' success.
We hope you will join us in conversations and collaborations around teaching and learning!
Activities & Services
- One-on-One Teaching Consultations
- Teaching Observations
- Chargers as Pedagogical Partners
- Teaching Resources
- Faculty Fellows
- Open Pedagogy Fellowship
- Open Classroom Week
Current instructors and staff can find the most up-to-date CTE information by visiting our page on myCharger.Learn More