Required Prevention Courses
At the University of New Haven, we believe in the importance of creating a safe and healthy environment for all of our community members. To that end, we have partnered with EVERFI to provide trainings that will help us all be informed on topics vital to achieving our goal. These trainings, in addition to being highly interactive and engaging, are based in research around the best practices for healthy communities. As you complete your training, we invite you to reach out to the many referenced resources in order to join the larger discussion of these topics on our campus.
We believe you will enjoy the assignments. Through these interactive, online courses, you will examine the interconnected issues of hooking up, substance abuse, sexual violence, and healthy relationships through a variety of interactive, realistic scenarios and guided self-reflection. All information and reminders regarding these courses, specifically the personalized links to each course, will be provided via University email.
To help create a safe environment for you and other students, all incoming students are required to complete three online education courses designed to educate you on choices you will make while at the University. Three modules, which must be completed by October 1, 2020, include:
- AlcoholEdu for College Module, Part 1: Duration of 75 – 90 minutes,
- Sexual Assault Prevention Module, Part 1: Duration of 45 – 60 minutes, and
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion for Students Module: Duration of 45 – 60 minutes.
All undergraduate and graduate students will be required to complete the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion for Students Module designed to equip students with information and skills to foster a culture of inclusive excellence. The deadline to complete this module is also October, 1, 2020.
Undergraduate students that meet the classifications of Junior status have been assigned to complete the Sexual Assault Prevention Ongoing Education: Healthy Relationships Module. This module takes approximately twenty-five minutes to complete and will emphasizes healthy relationship skills, tactics for bystander intervention among close friends, and understanding how to support survivors of violence. The deadline to complete this module is also October, 1, 2020.
Approximately thirty days after the Part 1 of the modules are completed, a brief follow-up assignment, Part 2, will be provided to students as a reminder of the important lessons, University expectations, and available resources.
Helpful technological information:
- Work at your own pace from any computer or tablet. The courses are not designed to function on mobile devices.
- Courses will save your progress if you need to stop and return later.
- Courses are best supported by the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Safari (preferred), or Microsoft Edge.
- Need more help? Forgot your password? Missing the course link? Contact EVERFI’s tech support using “Help” within the course or by visiting https://support.everfi.com.
Failure to complete the courses will result in a hold on your University account which may prevent future registrations.