Commencement Day Details - Spring 2021 Commencement
The Spring 2021 Commencement ceremonies take place on Monday, May 17, 2021, at Hartford HealthCare Amphitheater in Bridgeport, CT. (Address for GPS is 500 Broad St, Bridgeport, CT 06604)
Doors will open at 9 a.m. for the 11 a.m. ceremony for graduates of the College of Arts and Sciences, Tagliatela College of Engineering, and School of Health Sciences.
The doors will open at 2 p.m. for the 4 p.m. ceremony for the Pompea College of Business and Henry C. Lee College of Criminal Justice and Forensic Sciences.
No one will be allowed to re-enter after leaving the facility.
In order to provide the best possible commencement experience, all participating graduates and their guests must abide by health and safety regulations meant to keep everyone safe.
NO participating student or guest will be allowed to enter the Commencement facility without providing proof of any one of the following: full COVID-19 vaccination, a negative COVID-19 test, or infection in the preceding 90 days. Any individual who has been ordered to quarantine or isolate by their local government or the University and is still in quarantine or isolation on Monday, May 17, may not attend Commencement. Your quarantine or isolation period must end by Sunday, May 16, and you must be symptom-free for the final 24 hours of your quarantine or isolation to attend.
In order to facilitate the smoothest possible Commencement experience for all, it is imperative that you click the button below and read the requirements and instructions for both students and guests.Read the Requirements
- All graduates are required to meet COVID regulations, including providing proof of vaccination, prior infection (in the last 90 days), or a negative test result. Guest tickets are tied to submission of one of these records. Please read the requirements found on this page.
- Graduates should arrive dressed for the ceremony in caps, gowns, and if applicable, hoods. There is no dressing space available on site.
- Graduates must bring their PRINTED GRAD PASS to have scanned as they cross the stage. This pass will trigger the name call, name display and be collected after scanning by the photography team to match your photo to your space in the procession. Your pass will not scan from a cell phone, and must be printed.
- Graduates should arrive by 9:30 a.m. for the morning ceremony and 2:30 p.m. for the afternoon ceremony.
- Grads must be checked in with their student ticket AND GRADPASS (used to scan to read your name as you cross the stage) at the Hartford Healthcare Amphitheater 90 minutes prior to the start of their ceremony. Graduates must be in their seats 45 minutes prior to the start of their ceremony.
- Diploma covers will be distributed to graduates in their seats upon arrival. It is suggested that the grad pass is then clipped inside the diploma cover to enable easy access as graduates cross the stage.
- Graduates must remain masked while inside any part of the venue.
- All guests are required to meet COVID regulations, including providing proof of vaccination, prior infection (in the last 90 days), or a negative test result. Guest tickets are tied to submission of one of these records. Please read the requirements found on this page.
- All guests ages 2 years of age and older are required to remain masked while inside the venue.
- Guests under two years of age, if not entering on a ticket, will not have a seat available and must sit in an adult's lap. Stroller parking is not available inside the venue.
- This year only, umbrellas will be permitted inside the facility, due to the reduced capacity.
- Flowers are permitted, though guests will not have access to the graduates before or during the ceremony. Graduates will recess from the venue at the conclusion of the ceremony to meet with family and friends outside the venue.
- Balloons are strictly prohibited inside any part of the venue.
Hartford HealthCare Amphitheater is located at 500 Broad St, Bridgeport, CT 06604.
Two large attendee lots are located immediately across from the venue for Graduate and Guest parking. ADA guests may be dropped off in the traffic circle in front of the facility before the car is picked up. Parking in these lots is free. Lots and gates open two (2) hours prior to the event. Absolutely no tailgating will be permitted in these lots.
An additional, covered, municipal parking garage is available next to the Webster Bank Arena. Event parking rates will apply.
If arriving by Train: Hartford Healthcare Amphitheater is a short, 0.5 mile walk from the Bridgeport Train Station. Guests arriving by train should plan to arrive at the Bridgeport station at least 45 minutes prior to the ceremony to allow for arrival and entry.
If arriving by Ferry: Hartford Healthcare Amphitheater is a short, 0.5 mile walk from the Port Jefferson Ferry Terminal. Guests arriving by Ferry should plan to arrive at the Ferry Dock at least 45 minutes prior to the ceremony to allow for arrival and entry.
Students that previously requested shuttle service to Commencement will receive an email with information.
In addition to the information found on this page, we've developed a frequently asked questions page that should answer many questions that you may have.View the FAQ