Gerber Hall (formerly Botwinik) is a large suite-style residence hall for first year students with 2 bedrooms joined together by a common living area and bathroom.
Four to six students per suite. Each floor has their own lobby with couches, chairs, tables, dry erase boards for homework, and a television set.
- There are seven resident assistants (RA), one academic peer mentor (APM), and one
Community Director (CD) in the building.
- Each bedroom consists of a bed, desk, desk chairs, and a wardrobe per resident.
- Each suite has a common room equipped with shelves, and a private bathroom maintained
by the residents of the suite.
- The first floor of the building features sound-proof music practice rooms that are
accessible to the students through the music department. The students can sign-up
for a time with the music department secretary and then retrieve the key from her
at their allotted time. The key can also be obtained after hours with University Police.
- Conveniently located directly across from the 58,000-square-foot David A. Beckerman
Recreation Center and next to the Health Services Office.
- All aspects of their suites maintained and managed by students, instilling independence
- Elevator access.