Graduate Studies, Computer Forensics and Information Security, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
MBA, New York University, NY: Information Systems concentration
B.A., Carleton College, MN: Economics
Ted Hersey has worked in the digital forensics field for the past 18 years. Prior to that, he worked on Wall Street as the Director of IT for a bond brokerage firm. His current work involves the forensic collection of mobile, computer, and network-based data and the analysis of that data for use in criminal and civil legal cases, as well as incident response work where an organization has suffered a data breach or hacking event.
His work has taken him to three continents and a wide variety of work. Prominent cases he has worked on include: the Samsung vs Apple patent infringement case, the Michael Brown police shooting in St. Louis County, Google vs. Assoc. of American Publishers fair use copyright suit, and the arrest of Bridgeport Police Chief Armando Perez.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- GIAC Certified Forensic Examiner (GCFE)
- FBI InfraGard
- High Technology Crime Investigation Association (HTCIA), Northeast Chapter
- Informational Security & Forensics Society, Hong Kong
- Professional Information Security Association: Kowloon, Hong Kong
- International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC)2
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA)
- Institute of Computer Forensic Professionals (ICFP)