Narjes Sadeghiamirshahidi, Ph.D.
B.Sc. Industrial Engineering – Industrial Production, Faculty of Engineering, Yazd University
M.Sc. Industrial Engineering, Department of Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
Ph.D. Industrial Engineering, Department of Industrial, Manufacturing, and Systems Engineering, The University of Texas at Arlington
Narjes Sadeghiamirshahidi is a Visiting Assistant Professor in Industrial and Systems Engineering. Her research interests include:
- Supply Chain Management in Industrial, Services, and Healthcare
- Food Supply Chain Logistics and Transportation
- Application Development
- Simulation Modeling: Agent-Based Modeling, System Dynamics Modeling and Simulation, and Discrete Event Simulation
- Data Mining & Machine Learning
- Qualitative and Quantitative Data Analysis & Sensitivity Analysis
The primary focus of her research is on Regional Food Transportation for Texas Farmers & Ranchers, which is a research project called Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education (SARE) project federally funded by USDA. This project seeks to investigate the transportation challenges faced by Texas farmers and ranchers, and to use this knowledge to design, develop, and pilot a transportation management tool that will help these farmers begin to build efficient, collaborative regional food transportation networks. Regional food systems offer the potential to greatly improve agricultural sustainability.
The objectives of this project are to:
- Provide an increased understanding of the transportation capabilities and needs of Texas farmers.
- Define and reach consensus on a set of regional food transportation system functions that are necessary to address existing shortcomings.
- Design a transportation management tool that will enable farmers to connect with one another and with regional transportation providers.
- Prototype and pilot the transportation management tool.
- Dr. Sadeghiamirshahidi received her Ph.D. from the University of Texas at Arlington in Industrial engineering. She also holds master’s and bachelor’s degrees in industrial engineering.
- 2008 - 2012: Safety Quality Searchers Engineering (SQS) Co. Quality Management System Consultant: Establishing, documenting, and implementing the requirements of ISO 9001:2002, ISO 9001:2005, ISO 9001:2008, ISO/TS 16949: 2002, ISO/TS 16949: 2009, ISO/TS 29001, ISO13485:2003.
- 2006 - 2008: Ring Khodro Pars (RKP) Co. (an automotive-related products producer) Systems & Methods Consultant: Establishing, documenting, and implementing the requirements of ISO/TS 16949 & Grad B SAPCO.
- 2005 - 2006: Satrap Jahan Co. (an automotive-related products producer) Quality Assurance & Control Consultant: Establishing, documenting, and implementing the requirements of ISO/TS 16949.
- 2002 - 2005: Novin Afarinan Sanaye (NASCO) Co. Control Project Engineer (the first 6 months) & Quality Management System Engineer: Establishing, documenting, and implementing the requirements of ISO 9001 & ISO/TS 16949.
Peer-Review Journal Articles Reviewer
- Reviewer of Journal of Simulation: Blood Donation Service Improvement using a Lean Service and System Dynamics Approach during COVID-19 Pandemic.