DBA, Argosy University, 2013.
Major: International Business
Supporting Areas of Emphasis: Accounting
Dissertation Title: "Globalization and the expectations gaap: Exploring the use of
expatriate management to improve the quality of earnings being reported by MNC’s"
M.S., University of New Haven, 1985.
Supporting Areas of Emphasis: Taxation
Thesis Title: Replacing the Domestic International Sales Corporation
BS, University of New Haven, 1975.
I am a former Senior Tax and Financial Executive with extensive hands on experience
in global tax compliance, audit and tax planning for publicly traded corporations.
Before returning to the University of New Haven, I have spent over thirty five years
between public accounting and corporate practice. This hand’s on experience has put
me in a unique position to not only teach theory, but how it applies to real world
situations and what students can expect after graduation. My area of research interest
is international accounting and taxation which includes transnational transactions
and global convergence of accounting standards.
Rainish, R., Mensz, P., Mohs, J. N., Awarded Best In Conference Track, AABRI International
Conference Hawaii, "Global Financial Model for the Value Chain," Academic and Business
Research Institute, Oahu, Hawaii. (June 12, 2014).
Refereed Journal Articles
Goldberg, M.A. & Mohs, J. N. (2018), The evolving enforcement of E.U. competition laws. Journal of International Business and Economics, 6(1), pp. 1-6.
Mohs, J. N. (2017). "FINANCIAL REPORTING AND THE ACCOUNTING EXPECTATIONS GAAP." Review of Contemporary Business Research, 6(1).
Mohs, J. N., Goldberg, M. A. & Buitrago, D. P. (2017). "Base Erosion and Profit Shifting; Options, Opportunities and Alternatives." International Journal of Accounting and Taxation, 5(1).
Mohs, J. N., Goldberg, M. A., Butler, L. W. & Heath, A. M. (2017). "CORPORATE INVERSIONS: NEW CHALLENGES, NEW OPPORTUNITIES." International Journal of Accounting and Taxation, 4(2), 1-15.
Schaffer, B. A. & Mohs, J. N. (2016). "Exploring the effect of Financial Literacy Programs on Low-Income Adults." The Journal of Global Business Management, 2(October 2016).
Mohs, J. N. (2016). "Exploring the use of expatriate management to improve the quality of earnings being reported by MNC's." Journal of Human Resources and Adult Learning, 12(June 2016), 86 - 97.
Rainish, R., Mensz, P., & Mohs, J., Global Financial Model for the Value Chain, Journal
of Finance and Accountancy, Volume 18 (January 2015)
Mohs, J with Rainish, R & Mensz, P. (Co-Author & Presenter), University of New Haven
Pompea College of Business Research Forum, "Global Model for the Value Chain", West Haven
Connecticut (December 3. 2014).
Assistant Professor, University of New Haven. (September 2012 - Present).
- Graduate and undergraduate classroom instructor. Areas include Financial, Managerial
and International Accounting and Taxation
- University coordinator for the IRS volunteer income tax assistance program
- Faculty advisor to the university DECA program
- Student advisory
- Member Assessment of learning committee
- Member MBA outcome assessment committee
- Co-Chair Ad-hoc Master of Science in Accounting evaluation committee
- Chairman Ad-hoc Corporate Accounting Track evaluation committee
- Member Bergami Summer Internship committee
Lecturer, University of New Haven. (September 2011 - August 2012).
Practitioner in Residence, University of New Haven. (August 2010 - August 2011).
- Practitioner in Residence (Part-time Faculty)
Adjunct Faculty, University of New Haven. (April 2007 - July 2010).
Principal, J.N.Mohs Associates. (August 2010 - Present).
- A consulting firm specializing in tax planning services for small and mid-size privately
held multinational organizations, which focuses in the areas of international transaction
analysis and structuring, transfer pricing reviews and IFRS adoption practices.
Director of Taxes - Photronics, Inc. (October 2004 - August 2010).
Manager, Corporate Taxes - Zygo Corporation (June 2002 - October 2004).
Manager of Domestic Tax - ACNielsen Corporation (October 1998 - April 2002).
Manager Tax Planning - United Distillers North America, Inc. (February 1989 - October
Additionally I have held various positions with Price Waterhouse, Bridgeport Hydraulic
Company, Sonat, Inc. Raymark Industries, Inc. and Meritor Credit Corporation. Continuously
gained financial and tax responsibility and experience with rolls ranging from Intern
to Tax Manager.
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Tax Executives Institute
- ACCT 1101 Intro Financial Accounting
- ACCT 1102 Intro Managerial Accounting
- ACCT 2220 Intermediate Accounting 1
- ACCT 2201 Intermediate Accounting 2
- ACCT 4435 Federal Income Taxation I
- ACCT 4436 Federal Income Taxation II
- ACCT 4459 Independent Studies
- ACCT MST 6601 Fundamentals of Fed Income Tax
- ACCT MST 6601 Fundamentals of Fed Income Tax
- ACCT 6635 Analysis of Fed Income Taxation I
- ACCT 6636 Analysis of Fed Income Taxation II
- ACCT 6637 International Accounting and Taxation
- ACCT 6695 Independent Studies