Application Requirements for International Students
Master’s Application Checklist
- Online application
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- Transcripts (in English) from all colleges or universities attended. Transcripts must be submitted in sealed envelopes and mailed directly to the admissions office. If official documents are unavailable, unofficial documents can be uploaded through the online application system for initial review only. However, all official documents must be received before the start of classes for the admitted semester.
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- A Statement of Purpose
- A resume or curriculum vitae
- TOEFL of 75, or IELTS of 6.0, or PTE of 50, or completion of the University of New Haven’s Academic English Preparatory Program. Certain majors may require higher English test scores.
- Certain majors require GRE and/or GMAT test scores. GRE School Code: 3663; GMAT school code: P1X-DS-94. See GRE/GMAT section of this page for more information.
Additional requirements for Ph.D. Applicants
- 3 Letters of recommendation
- An academic or other professional writing sample
- The Statement of purpose must include applicant background, goals, and reasons for pursuing their Ph.D. degree at the University of New Haven
- A minimum IBT TOEFL score of 100, PTE score of 68, or 7.5 on the IELTS test
Application Deadlines for International Students
You can view a list of admissions deadlines here.
Sending Your Documents By Mail
Mail Official Documents to:
University of New Haven
Office of Graduate Admissions
Echlin Hall, 2nd Floor
300 Boston Post Road
West Haven, CT 06516
In an effort to minimize application processing time and to support our paperless application process, you should only mail official documents to the office.
All unofficial documents must be uploaded through the online application system to support the initial admissions review. Any unofficial documents mailed to the office will be discarded.
Application Processing Time
Application processing time is typically one to two weeks from the date your file becomes complete.
- The University of New Haven offers conditional acceptance for master’s degrees to those who are academically admissible but who have not met our required English test scores.
- Students who do not submit proof of English proficiency or have not met the minimum English proficiency requirements will be considered for conditional admission to the University and will be required to enroll in our Academic English Preparatory Program (AEPP). For this program, no official IELTS, TOEFL, or any other English test score is required. The program can take four, eight, or twelve months to complete, depending on the student’s incoming English proficiency level.
Click here for more information on the AEPP program.
- Mechanical Engineering (M.S.), Electrical Engineering (M.S.), Computer Science (M.S), Cybersecurity and Networks (M.S.) and Forensic Science (M.S.) applicants are urged to submit GRE scores to be considered for admission. The GRE is optional for graduates of regionally accredited United States colleges and universities.
- MBA, Finance (M.S.) and Accounting (M.S.) applicants are urged to submit GMAT scores.
GMAT/GRE scores are required for International applicants who wish to be considered for available assistantships/fellowships.