The DNA of Success
The Lee College is one of the best and most comprehensive in the country, and its wide range of intensive programs are designed for those with a driving passion for helping others and upholding justice.
You’ll learn from faculty who have worked for the FBI, CIA, the United Nations, and many local and state police departments, and you’ll study in state-of-the-art facilities that put you at the center of investigations, allowing you to use the latest technology to examine the coldest cases.
You will also participate in national competitions, where the University of New Haven has established a longstanding history of success.
The University of New Haven has been providing advanced education in Criminal Justice and Forensic Sciences for 50 years and has earned a national reputation as one of the best and most comprehensive providers of advanced education in Criminal Justice, Forensic Science and Fire Science.
Additionally, the University has recently expanded the degree offerings in the college to include innovative new programs in National Security and Forensic Computer Investigation.
All of our courses are taught by highly qualified faculty members. Our full-time faculty members all hold advanced degrees in their academic areas of expertise. However, they are also highly experienced professionals drawn from all of the various career specializations serviced by the college. Collectively, our full-time faculty has over 300 years of experience working in their fields. Our full-time faculty members are supported by highly qualified part-time instructors who also hold advanced degrees in their academic fields and typically teach specialized courses in areas such as fingerprint identification, forensic photography, medical-legal investigations, arson investigations and legal investigations as well as many other areas of study within our college.
The Henry C. Lee College prides itself on providing:
- Courses that integrate theory and application that are designed to prepare the student to be an effective and successful professional.
- Comprehensive and up-to-date programs and curriculum that are regularly reviewed by advisory boards and the professional community.
- Specialized Certificate programs in areas such as Forensic Computer Investigation, Forensic Psychology, Arson Investigation, Paralegal Studies, Law Enforcement Science, Advanced Investigations and Private Security
- Active and engaged student activities such as clubs, professional fraternities and societies, specialized workshops and lectures on emerging and important topics.
- Highly successful internship programs in every degree program that enable students the opportunity to integrate their academic experience with professional career experience.
- Together these activities are part of "Real-Life Learning" at the University of New Haven, a unique blending of solid academic learning in the best traditions of liberal arts education and engaged learning focused on professional careers.
- Thank you for taking the time to explore the Henry C. Lee College of Criminal Justice and Forensic Sciences. If you are considering enrolling in any of our programs, we invite you to contact our admissions office to schedule a visit to our campus and learn how the University of New Haven can be part of your future. If you would like additional information about our academic programs or if would like to schedule a meeting, please contact my office and we will be happy to provide assistance.
Mario T. Gaboury, J.D., Ph.D.
Dean, Henry C. Lee College of Criminal Justice and Forensic Sciences
Sunday, November 19, 2017
- Explore Day: Criminal Justice, Forensic Science, & National Security 10:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
November 27 - December 1, 2017
- Discover Grad School Week 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
November 30, 2017
- Wine and Cheese Event 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Nationally Recognized Center for Career Development
All University of New Haven students have access to the many resources available through the University’s Career Development Center, which has been named one of the best in the nation by The Princeton Review.
From career assessments, networking, and job shadowing to on-campus interviews and salary negotiation, the Career Development Center provides the skills and connections to identify a meaningful career and an opportunity to pursue your passion.
The numbers don’t lie. More than 91 percent of graduates are employed or in graduate school one year after graduation, and 96 percent are succeeding in their chosen fields after six years.
Learn from professors who are dedicated to your success.
Our faculty are leaders and innovators in their fields, bringing both deep professional experience and academic rigor to the classroom.