This program is anticipated for Fall 2017. You can request more information or apply now.
Want to help shape healthcare for the 21st century?
Our B.S. in Health Sciences is the program for you.
Health sciences is an interdisciplinary field that includes the natural sciences, the social and behavioral sciences, humanities, technology and organizational science as applied to human health and the delivery of healthcare.
Health care jobs continue to grow faster than any other industry in the United States. A bachelor’s degree in Health Sciences can be a springboard to a management or administration position in hospitals, public health agencies, insurance companies, community organizations, research laboratories, the pharmaceutical industry, and more.
21st Century Health Sciences Education
Our B.S. in Health Sciences program combines an understanding of biological sciences, humanities and social sciences with healthcare industry-specific knowledge and the network and practical experiences you need to excel in the fast-growing healthcare field.
Choose your career track:
- General (no specialization)
- Healthcare Administration
- Clinical Trials Administration
- Population Health
Why Choose the University of New Haven?
A strong program that gives you a strong competitive edge. Our B.S. in Health Sciences program is both innovative and rigorous so that you graduate prepared to make a meaningful contribution to your future employer or to gain admission to the graduate program of your choice.
Several features contribute to the strength of the program:
- a curriculum designed in partnership with regional, national and international healthcare corporations, health systems, and nonprofit organizations.
- a focus on instilling of broad technical skills as well as the organizational competencies needed for entry-level positions in a wide range of healthcare organizations, companies and agencies
- a broad multidisciplinary health sciences core with faculty from across the university
- Unrestricted electives allowing students to explore minors of their choice, do a semester abroad, or pursue a 4+1 bachelor's/master's degree program in 5 years
- multiple tracks allowing specialization in key allied health fields
- a required internship experience and capstone course
- an impressive list of industry partnerships