Do you want to go to become a physician, physician assistant, physical therapist, occupational therapist or other health professional? We’re here to make sure you’re ready.
Graduate health professions school admissions are extremely competitive, but we have the coursework, the extracurriculars and the mentoring to ensure you are a successful graduate school applicant.
The Pre-Health Advising Center will be with you every step of the way from course selection, to summer jobs and internships to the graduate school application process. You will receive regular one-on-one advice and guidance from our director as well as from dedicated faculty mentors, who will help you:
- Create and maintain your application timeline
- Identify the programs that best fit you
- Enroll in the correct prerequisite courses in a timely manner
- Discover volunteer, clinical, and research opportunities
- Participate in workshops
- Find resources to study for the MCAT, PCAT, GRE and more
- Practice for interviews
- Obtain your composite committee letter and other letters of recommendation
- Prepare your graduate school applications
- And much more!
The Pre-Health Advising Center will also be your first stop if you decide to declare an official pre-medical designation.
Health professions graduate programs accept all undergraduate majors as long as all prerequisite courses have been completed. The University of New Haven offers numerous courses of study to meet your prerequisites.
We offer advising guides for the following fields:
- Medicine (MD and DO)
- Physician assistant studies
- Veterinary medicine
- Occupational therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Speech and Language Pathology