Ready for a Career on Wall Street?
Finance is at the heart of what is transforming the world, and finance professionals are in high demand. Their salaries are excellent because they are the ones who understand how money is best earned, invested, and reinvested – and complex system that guides this process.
As a finance major at the University of New Haven, you will learn to be a skillful money manager with a deep understanding of the system, its inner workings, and the impact it has on the economy. You'll do this by having access to industry-standard finance data sets and tools, preparing you to earn an internship and to have your pick of potential career opportunities.
Through this program, you will:
- Study a wide range of domestic and international issues, including financial trends in modern society
- Relate theory to real-world problems
- Study all aspects of business, from human resources to marketing
- Complete financial reports based on theory, facts, and analysis, just as a chief financial officer would
- Develop your skills in our cutting-edge Bergami Learning Center for Finance and Technology
- Have access to a broad range of industry-leading data sets and tools
- Be encouraged to double major in accounting, economics or marketing
- Pick stocks and manage money through a student-run portfolio
- Participate in stock trading, investment reporting, and financial analysis competitions against other schools
- Prepare to sit for the Chartered Financial Analyst ® (CFA) examinations with access to CFA review courses and faculty support throughout the preparation process