Become a global business leader
As an international business major at the University of New Haven, you’ll gain a global perspective through interdisciplinary studies in the core principles of accounting, economics, finance, management and marketing. You’ll also become proficient in a foreign language and participate in a study abroad experience that will enable you to thrive in any global business environment.
- Study the economic, geographic, historical, legal, regulatory and political factors that influence international business, trade and investment.
- Learn strategies for entering foreign markets including exporting, licensing, and strategic alliances.
- Learn to manage cultural differences and organize international negotiations.
- Develop ethical decision-making skills within a global context.
- Understand international capital markets and financial, political and economic risk.
All international business majors are required to study abroad. Students can spend a semester at the University’s campus in the Tuscan region of Italy or select from more than 400 other opportunities around the world, all designed to prepare you for life as global managers and as global citizens.