Instructional Technologies & Digital Media Literacy (IT&DML) Program

UNH's Sixth Year Certificate in Instructional Technologies & Digital Media Literacy (IT&DML) program is designed for licensed teachers in the state of CT who understand that 21st Century teachers must embrace and utilize the technological, cultural, and sociological changes that undergird a differently-connected society. This is primarily for educators that want to advance in their careers but do not wish to leave active teaching at the P-12 level. The program is specifically designed to prepare these teachers with the knowledge, skills, and dispositions needed to effectively and authentically embed instructional technologies into all content areas, for all students.

For more information contact Ian O'Byrne, Program Coordinator at wiobyrne@newhaven.edu.

The program faculty and curriculum are intended to foster the development of professional, certified teachers who:

• Understand the definition and foundations of Instructional Technologies and their relationship to 21st Century teaching and learning in K-12 schools;
  • Identify new media and technologies and be able to plan for their use in K-12 curriculum;
  • Identify new and critical literacy, and employ both in their daily work;
  • Locate, identify, and employ adaptive technologies for use in inclusive classrooms;
  • Use distance learning to expand student and professional communities;
  • Create and utilize participatory networks in their students’ and their own learning;
  • Work with colleagues to develop their common understandings of global literacy;
  • Locate their own roles in supporting and shaping students’ diverse literacy and technological practices;
  • Analyze the shifting power relationships that accompany new technologies and literacy when used by students and by education professionals;
  • Are confident and willing to use instructional technologies and new media literacy in their professional practices.

Join the Conversation with @itdml:

1. Webinars

6th Year Certificate and Professional Education Webinar

Tuesday, May 13
    6:30 pm 

Register now.

Find Us On