An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution is required. A major in psychology is preferred but not required. However, all students are expected to have at least an introductory-level understanding of psychological concepts, principles, and methods before entering. Students who have not had an undergraduate course in statistics will be required to take one before enrolling in P 608. Undergraduate academic performance, relevant work/volunteer experience, and the applicant's essay play a major role in admission decisions.
- Applicant holds a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or from a foreign institution that is recognized by its jurisdictional Ministry of Education
- Online Graduate School Application
- Official, final transcripts from all undergraduate, graduate, and professional schools attended submitted to the Graduate Admissions Office. Please note: Students currently enrolled in undergraduate study who have not yet completed their degree can submit an official transcript to date in order to receive a decision and will resubmit a final transcript prior to the start of classes
- Two (2) letters of recommendation- can be provided online during the application process.
- Personal Statement- Please submit a personal statement (1-2 pages) in which you describe the reasons for your interest in the Community Psychology Program
All materials not submitted online must be mailed to the following address:Graduate Enrollment Office
University of New Haven
Echlin Hall, 2nd Floor
300 Boston Post Road
West Haven, CT 06516
**Applications are accepted on a rolling basis