Welcome aboard to the Department of Marketing and Quantitative Analysis
Marketing plays an important role in today’s business world. A marketing degree lends itself to careers in just about any field, as just about every business and nonprofit organization needs creative and competent people to market their message. Salaries vary by company and position, but in general, marketing majors are some of the highest paid of all college graduates, especially in business-to-business and entertainment-related industries. In addition, the Bureau of Labor Statistics forecasts job growth in marketing through 2018 to be substantially higher than for other business fields. Below are answers to some common questions:
- What is Marketing?
- What are Some Specializations Within this Broad Major?
- What Kinds of Students Major in Marketing?
- What Courses Do Marketing Majors Take?
As a marketing student at UNH, you will also find following activities particularly interesting:
- You can join the Facebook group of the UNH-American Marketing Association (www.newhaven.edu/marketingpower) the student marketing club at UNH as an accepted student. Our club has Gold Certified status among all UNH student clubs. The club gets industry speakers to talk to members regularly and to help your networking opportunities with real marketers.
- UNH students have been participating in the Google Online Marketing Challenge since 2009. They work with a real client and run a Google AdWords campaign with funding from Google. See top performing team videos along with client interviews at the "MarketingUNHChargers" channel on YouTube.
- Our marketing faculty and Quantitative Analysis members are a team of well-established scholars with global expertise and reputation in conducting research and in teaching experiences worldwide. Given that most US companies are going global or competing in the global environment, the exposure to global business knowledge plus foreign study programs available at UNH will better prepare you for your future career path.
- Our advertising classes are taught by professionals.
- Students regularly compete in national student competitions.
Of course, these are just some of the numerous reasons to consider being a marketing major at UNH. Our focus is on the undergraduate student. You will see our experienced research faculty teaching your courses. Thank you so much for your interest and we look forward to seeing you on campus. We encourage you to visit our campus and explore all of these options for yourself. We look forward to seeing you at the University of New Haven!
Charlie Lu Wang, Ph.D.
Professor and Chair, Department of Marketing & Quantitative Analysis