Transfer Application Process
The University of New Haven reviews applications for prospective transfer students on a rolling basis.
This means students can apply for admission at any time throughout the year and receive a decision shortly after submission of all required materials. We consider transfer applications for our spring semester beginning in late January or our fall semester beginning in late August.
It is recommended students apply as early as possible since space in some of our academic programs tends to fill up quickly. A list of our undergraduate academic programs can be found here. Typically, the Office of Undergraduate Admissions begins to review applications on September 1st for the following year's admission.
Students have the option of applying directly to the major of their choice or applying as an Undeclared (Exploratory) student. Applications will not be reviewed until all of the required materials have been received.
If you have any trouble reaching any of our Transfer Enrollment Counselors, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will get back to you as soon as possible!
Applying to the University of New Haven is a quick and convenient process. Our rolling admission policy allows prospective transfer students like you to receive a decision on your application within 1-2 weeks once your application file is complete. Once you are accepted, we will work on a transfer credit evaluation to show you how your credits will be applied to our degree programs.
Required Application Materials:
- Complete the University of New Haven's Online Transfer Application at www.newhaven.edu/apply.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- Official final high school or G.E.D. transcript.
- Official SAT and/or ACT scores - Required for students who have completed less than 12 college credits
- A 250-500 word written statement / essay that details why you wish to pursue an education at the University of New Haven.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible; Spring Applicants should add us to their FAFSA no later than November 1. University of New Haven Title IV (FAFSA) school code is 001397.
Special Program Requirements:
- 1 Letter of Recommendation
Graphic Design, Graphic Design - Digital Art & Design, and Illustration
- Portfolio of previous college work