Discover the unlimited possibilities of engineering
Do you want to differentiate yourself from the competition by combining an education in engineering with a complementary field? Or, are you interested in the field of engineering but don’t know what discipline you want to specialize in? The University of New Haven’s bachelor’s degree in general engineering – part of the Tagliatela College of Engineering, which has been ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best in the country – is perfect for you.
Click here to view the General Engineering program’s outcomes and objectives.
General engineering provides both flexibility and direction. Through this program, you will:
- Take foundational courses in engineering that will allow you to select a specific discipline in your sophomore year, if you desire
- Select a complementary minor, such as legal studies, biology, management, mathematics, or another field you have a passion for
- Develop analytical and problem-solving skills
- Be exposed to open-ended problems and design methods
- Gain the ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs
- Learn to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Develop strong communication, leadership and entrepreneurial skills
- Gain real-world experience through internships and co-ops