Understand the science at the center of everything
Chemistry is considered the “central science” because it connects the physical sciences with the life sciences and applied sciences. Our lives revolve around it. Chemistry is involved in everything we do, from growing and cooking food to cleaning our homes and bodies to launching a space shuttle.
As a chemistry major at the University of New Haven, you’ll study this powerful science in depth. The program is uniquely flexible, allowing you to concentrate, minor, or double major in related fields. You’ll create your own path — and be closely guided by our expert faculty along the way.
You will also:
- Gain hands-on experience that most colleges delay until graduate school
- Have access to state-of-the-art chemistry labs and equipment
- Be prepared for a career in a variety of fields, such as forensics, business, biotechnology, pharmaceutical research, or education
- Get real-world experience through internships
- Have the opportunity to study abroad at our Prato, Italy campus
- Collaborate with instructors through independent study, laboratory research, or a thesis topic
- Participate in the University of New Haven chapter of the American Chemical Society