Create the Next Viral Brand
Marketing exists all throughout the world around us, and has many roles in business. Behind the every great concept or product is a creative mind helping to market it and promote to the masses. As a marketing major at the University of New Haven you’ll complement a strong foundation in the principles of business by specializing in how e-commerce and marketing technologies such as social media, database marketing, Google AdWords, and data mining have impacted – and forever changed – the traditional study and practice of marketing
- Learn about modern competitive strategies, development processes, consumer research and distribution channels
- Explore advertising and international marketing
- Gain real-world experience through a supervised practicum or internship
- Have the opportunity to study abroad at our Tuscany, Italy, campus, for a semester or during a two-week program
- Create Google AdWords campaigns for real clients
- Be part of our AACSB-accredited College of Business, a distinction placing us among the top five percent of business schools worldwide
- Have the option to study in the Fast Track Program, which allows you to complete your B.S. in three years or your B.S. and MBA in four years (3 + 1)
- Participate in the University’s chapter of the American Marketing Association, which draws industry leaders to campus and provides extensive opportunities for networking
Combine your marketing major with a minor in international business or professional sales and graduate with the knowledge and marketing skill set that enable you to bring value to your future employer from day one on the job.
What You'll Study
Introduces the basic concepts and skills of professional selling and negotiation, including customer analysis, communication skills, effective openings and closings, and customer relations. Selling skills and concepts are developed through the extensive use of sales exercises, role-plays, and presentations.
This course offers an overview of how marketing has (and has not) changed due to the rise of social media. It will equip students with the relevant knowledge, perspectives, and practical skills required to develop marketing strategies that leverage the opportunities inherent in social media for achieving business and marketing goals.
Research as a component of the marketing information system. Research design, sampling methods, data interpretation, and management of the marketing research function.
An understanding of the rapidly changing digital marketing landscape. Includes search engine marketing, pay-per-click advertising, social media, web analytics, and mobile marketing. Students will participate in a digital marketing simulation and/or a real client project to experientially learn and apply specific digital marketing skills.
The University of New Haven offers a wide variety of in-depth courses that create a transformational educational experience for our students. To view the complete list of courses you'll take while pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Marketing, check out the Academic Catalog:
Learn from professors who are dedicated to your success.
Our faculty are leaders and innovators in their fields, bringing both deep professional experience and academic rigor to the classroom.
Whether you're still in high school or are transferring from another college, we offer full- and part-time opportunities for undergraduates from inside the U.S. and abroad. The admission process can begin as early as the end of your high school junior year.
The Application Process
The College of Business offers a unique study option for qualified students to complete their Bachelor's Degree in any business major in just a 3-year time frame.
We offer a comprehensive financial aid program, with students receiving assistance in the form of grants, scholarships, student loans, and part-time employment. Funds are available from federal and state governments, private sponsors, and from university resources. More than 85 percent of the University's full-time undergraduate students receive some form of financial assistance.