Learn more about our fully accredited program through the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (formerly the American Dietetic Association). Nutrition and dietetic professionals are in great demand in today’s market and often obtain positions as Clinical Dietitians, Food Service Managers, Sports Nutritionists, School Nutritionists, Consultants, and Dietetic Technicians. Read below to learn more about our Nutrition and Dietetics program. Please join us on Saturday, November 22, 2014 for our Nutrition and Dietetic Explore UNH Day.
|9:30 a.m.||Check-In and Continental Breakfast|
|10:00 a.m.||Welcome and Admissions Overview|
Meet with Georgia Chavent – Director of the Nutrition & Dietetics Program (In Fusion Dining area- Harugari Hall)
Choose any or all of the following:
If you have any questions or require further information, please feel free to email us at email@example.com.
The University of New Haven’s Nutrition and Dietetics program is one of only three in the entire state of Connecticut to have earned full accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (formerly the American Dietetic Association).
- Please note that students who attend and graduate from colleges or universities that are not ACEND-accredited are NOT eligible to take the exam to become a Registered Dietitian or Dietetic Technician.
Internship Opportunities and Volunteer Opportunities
- Yale-New Haven Hospital
- VA Connecticut Healthcare System
- Milford Hospital
- Norwalk Hospital
- Connecticut Department of Health
- Westport Elderly Nutrition Services
- Connecticut School Lunch Program
- Bridgeport Hospital
UNH graduates are working in places such as these:
- Connecticut Children's Medical Center
- Hospital of St. Raphael – New Haven, CT
- St. Vincent's Medical Center – Bridgeport, CT
- Connecticut Culinary Institute
- Arden House – Hamden, CT
- Yale-New Haven Hospital – New Haven, CT
- St. Barnabas Medical Center – New Jersey
- Beth Israel Medical Center – New York, NY
- Bridgeport Hospital – Bridgeport, CT
- Milford Hospital – Milford, CT
- Women, Infants & Children (WIC) Programs in New Haven & Bridgeport
- Physicians' Offices