Staffed by dedicated and passionate faculty members, the sport management program has been a leader on campus, in the community, and across the nation for more than 30 years. Our department is unique for the following reasons:
- We offer educational opportunities integrating classroom learning with a significant focus on experiential learning.
- We have the broadest internship programs available in the nation.
- We send interns across the globe to work with industry leaders.
- We have mentoring programs that match students with industry professionals.
- We take students to numerous facilities and businesses to learn first-hand what it takes to run these operations.
- We take students across the country for professional and educational events.
- We supplement our full-time faculty with well-trained industry professionals to teach key classes.
- We have a strong base of alumni who are active with our students.
- We offer several student-professional associations.
- Our students are recognized nationally for their professionalism, communication skills, and leadership qualities.
- We have a strong experiential education program offering various certifications and educational enhancements.
We pride ourselves in providing the best service possible for our students, and we take pride in each and every student. Our students are not just numbers, but are personally advised by our faculty, with whom they develop intimate working relationships, often resulting in lifelong mentoring relationships that benefit all department stakeholders.
We encourage you to get to know us and our internationally renowned faculty. Please explore our web pages and feel free to contact my colleagues or me with any questions or thoughts you might have.