Parameters for image-map-2:{}
University of New Haven logo

Accept Awards & Submit Paperwork

Students who are selected for Verification may want the Office of Financial Aid to verify their financial aid award before making their decision to attend UNH.  The Office of Financial Aid will verify a student's award once all required documentation has been submitted.  To receive a verified award by May 1, 2013, students selected for verification should submit the following documents to the Office of Financial Aid NO LATER THAN April 1, 2013:

      1.    Accept/Decline the Financial Aid Awards offered

      2.    Parent's 2012 IRS Tax Return Transcript* (if FAFSA requires parent information & if the parent is filing a 2012 federal tax return)

      3.   Completed & Signed 2013-2014 Verification Worksheet

      4.   Other documents requested by UNH, except for Entrance Counseling or Master Promissory Notes for your loans

        * To obtain a 2012 IRS Tax Return Transcript, contact the IRS after you have submitted your 2012 federal tax return.

        Ways to contact the IRS to obtain a copy of your 2012 Tax Return Transcript are as follows:

  • IRS phone number to speak with a representative 1-800-829-1040
  • Visit a local IRS office in your state 
  • Go to - under "Tools" select "Order a Return or Account Transcript"
  • Automated phone request 1-800-908-9946

Note:  Accepted Financial Aid Awards do NOT commit the student to attending the University of New Haven.  If a student decides to not accept their offer of Admission after receiving the verified award, the student should inform the Office of Admissions they are not planning to attend UNH.  The Office of Financial Aid will update their records once the information has been received from the Office of Admissions.

Loan Awards -  Federal Direct Subsidized, Federal Direct Unsubsidized, & Federal Perkins Loans

Students who accept any Federal loan listed on their Financial Aid Award must:

  1. Complete Entrance Counseling
  2. Sign a Master Promissory Note

The federal government requires students to complete Entrance Counseling so they will know and understand their rights and responsibilities in borrowing a Federal Student Loan.  A Master Promissory Note must be signed by the student as their promise to repay the loan.


  1. Students who have the Direct Loans on their Financial Aid Award as well as a Federal Perkins Loan, MUST complete TWO types of Entrance Counseling AND sign TWO types of Master Promissory Notes.
  2. Students who have the Direct Subsidized and Direct Unsubsidized Loans on their Financial Aid Award need only complete one Entrance Counseling session and sign only one Master Promissory Note for those two loan programs.

Entrance Counseling & Promissory Note for the Federal Direct Subsidized & Unsubsidized Loans

Entrance Counseling & Promissory Note for the Federal Perkins Loan

University of New Haven Financial Aid TV ad