HIRING A BURSARY STUDENT
Any University of New Haven student, undergraduate or graduate, who is registered for classes is eligible for Bursary employment.
The process for hiring a Bursary student is as follows:
- A Bursary Request Form is completed by the Supervisor and submitted to the Business Office.
- The Business Office approves the Bursary Request form and faxes approval to the Student Employment Office .
- The Student Employment Office creates employment paperwork for the student.
- Student receives an email from the Student Employment Office to pick up employment paperwork.
- Student returns completed and signed paperwork to the Student Employment Office and is given a green Work Authorization Card.
- Payroll is notified when the student is authorized to work.
- Student’s online time sheet is created in Web Time Entry within 3-5 business days.
DEPARTMENTS INTERESTED IN HIRING BURSARY STUDENTS SHOULD ADVERTISE AVAILABLE BURSARY POSITIONS VIA THE CAREER DEVELOPMENT'S ONLINE DATABASE OF JOBS AND INTERNSHIPS, ChargerLink.
HIRING A FEDERAL WORK STUDY STUDENT
Any office that provides 'student services' is eligible to have a work study student. A student service position is loosely defined as 'a service that provides a direct or indirect benefit to a prospective or current student population.' This is in accordance with the regulations from the Department of Education. Examples of student service offices included (but are not limited to):
- Jobs in Financial Aid
- Jobs in the Library
- Jobs in Campus Police
Examples of offices not considered as student services include (but are not limited to):
- Public Relations