International Student Tuition & Fees

International applicants seeking F or J visa status MUST submit specific documentation of funds available for study at the university.

The university requires proof of $55,366 in funds for undergraduate students (Bachelor's degree) and $30,190 for graduate students (Master's degree or Ph.D.).  If you are to be sponsored by your government, an embassy, organization or company, a recent, original letter from the sponsor will be required.

Please read the important information below, which pertains to financial documents required to obtain your I-20 form.

In order to obtain an I-20 once you're accepted, you must submit the following:

The Financial Statement for International Students (FSIS) form completed, dated, and signed by you and your sponsor(s).

Download FSIS Documents (PDF Format)

  • An ORIGINAL current bank statement from your sponsor(s) indicating that the required funds are available. The bank statement must be written in English on official bank letterhead and must contain an account number and the amount of money available in U.S. dollars or its foreign currency equivalent. The bank statement must be also signed by a bank official and dated within six months of the intended semester of admission. The sponsor(s) name(s) must be clearly mentioned on the bank statement.
  • Government-sponsored or company-sponsored students must submit an official letter from their sponsoring government or company indicating which costs (tuition, fees, health insurance, room, board, etc.) will be provided.
  • Proof of English language competency. For more information, please click here.

If you would like to receive your I-20 form once you get accepted, be sure to send the above documents along with your application materials.


If you will be accompanied by your spouse and/or children, you must show the following:

  • An additional $6,000 in financial support for the first dependent and for each dependent after that you must show an additional $5,000.
  • You also need to provide clear copies of your dependents passport name page, a marriage certificate for you and your spouse and a birth certificate for each accompanying child. The certificates must be in English.

The university would then issue immigration documents that include your dependent(s) which would allow them to apply for the F-2 dependent visa.


In considering your sources of support, you should be aware that individuals holding student (F) or exchange visitors (J) visas will not be given authorization to work off-campus except under extraordinary circumstances. Under no circumstances are students permitted to work full-time during the academic year. Therefore, you should not look to employment, either part-time during the academic year or full-time during the summer, as a significant means of support.The costs listed above are only an estimate, based in part upon what current students tell us it costs to attend the university. It is a conservative estimate, based on sharing housing expenses with a roommate. It does not cover additional costs, such as buying a car and purchasing car insurance, both of which are very expensive. The university anticipates a small increase in tuition for each academic year.

Contact International Admissions

Undergraduate Programs
Phone: (203) 932-7320
Fax: (203) 932-7137

Graduate Programs
Phone: (203) 932-7441
Fax: (203) 932-7137