The Fitness Program mission is to provide high quality instructional and educational opportunities for group and individual activities that are based on safety and scientific knowledge to enhance the UNH community’s level of fitness.
The ChargerREC Group X program is included in memberships at no additional cost to members and includes a variety of classes.
Instructor-led classes are offered daily during the academic year, a reduced schedule is offerted over breaks.
Class size may be limited due to equipment and space restrictions - see class descriptions for details
Class participation is on a first come, first serve basis.
Participants must be courteous to other members and arrive on time.
Instructors will deny access to class if participants arrive after the warm-up period (5-10 minutes).
ChargerREC reserves the right to cancel any class on the basis of low attendance
Group X Participant Policies and Procedures
General Group X Policies
- No Food or Gum chewing is allowed in the Studios – no exceptions
- No soft drinks, juices or smoothies in the studios, bottled water only
- Participants are asked to not open the windows as it can alter the cooling system. See management for questions regarding room temperature.
- All participants in Group X classes must be 16 years of age or older.
- Water bottles are mandatory for SPINNING classes – Failure to comply result in eviction for that day’s class.
- To enter a class, participants must wait outside of the studio until the instructor allows everyone inside. Participants may not save equipment or a place in line for friends.
- All Group X Classes are drop-in and will be open on a first-come, first-served basis. Class size is limited to 14 for Spinning and varies for all other classes at the discretion of the instructor based on equipment and safety.
- All patrons must comply with staff requests. Instructors have authority over all studio conduct and use of equipment. Failure to comply may result in immediate removal from class and possible suspension of facility privileges
- All equipment must remain in the studios and must be returned to its proper location after use.
- All equipment should be used for the manner for which it is designed. Equipment from other areas may not be brought into the studios.
- All accidents, injuries or equipment irregularities must be reported to a building supervisor.
- Studio 204 will be available for open use when classes are not in session. To rent the space, contact the Director of Campus Recreation
- For safety reasons, Men and Women must wear shirts in Group X classes at all times
- Soft-soled, closed-toe athletic shoes are required for all cardiovascular and resistance training classes.
- Hard-soled, closed-toe athletic shoes or cycling shoes are recommended for all SPINNING classes; do not wear these shoes outside the spin studio
- Shoe removal may be appropriate in yoga, Pilates, martial arts and flexibility training classes
- No plastic sweat suits allowed during classes
- Towels are recommended for all classes.
- Participants must arrive to class on time. The doors in the studios are closed and locked five minutes after class starts, you must be on time or you will be denied admittance, no exceptions.
- It is highly recommended that participants stay for the entire class to ensure the proper cool-down phase of class.
- Campus Recreation reserves the right to cancel any class on the basis of low attendance
- All participants are required to sign in to each class – printing their first and last name.
- All personal items must be stored in the provided cubicles and/or lockers - Staff members are not permitted to hold valuables.
- Campus Recreation is not responsible for lost or stolen items.